Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1982 Spider, there is an EXH SENSOR light in the lights/high beam row on the main console.

The light has come on and has stayed on. I've taken it in to my local mechanic, and he's stumped. Everything runs ok...proper mixture, emissions are ok etc.

I'm thinking, because it came out in the first years of the California restrictions, it's simply a warning light...like "it's been x amount of time and you should have your emissions looked at" But I don't know.

I don't get it!!! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Sounds like the "bring-it-to-the-dealer-so-they-can-rip-me-off" warning light. Many cars around this time had them with a variety of different names; Service EGR, Emissions, Check Emissions, etc. etc. and are triggered by mileage. Did your Spider just reach a milestone like 50 or 100K? If that's what the light is, I'll try to dig up where the reset button is. Some manufacturers have the reset on a box under the hood into which the speedo cable goes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
She turned 90,000 km last year...that might be the mile stone. Help in finding the reset button would be greatly appreciated as I don't have an owners manual (yet).

Thanks again

by the way... I saw Springsteen on Friday night here in Ottawa. Man oh man, what I wouldn't give to see him in New Jersey! Great concert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts