Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
As the plot thickens, I'd concur that 403 is either flat-out the wrong pipe or I've got a mislabeled one. We ended up removing the front section and going with one that was in the parts bin--believe this was for a '69 but was IAP sourced. It would not fit as is though and required welding a short extension.
With any luck, that is the last exhaust I'll need on this Super :)

I'll go back to Centerline on the 403--as described on the site, it does not appear to be the proper front section for an early Super with 1750.

Live and learn.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Since I got the Super's exhaust squared away, I realize I have a front exhaust section just laying around in the garage that someone may be able to use. Any reasonable offer accepted--shipping would be from 20910.

It is from Centerline (front section P/N OE403). Per the description on their site:

"Front downpipe from headers for 1969 GTV, Spider, and Berlina. Also fits earlier cars with 1750 or 2000 engines. SHORTEN 240MM FOR GTV SHORTEN 250MM FOR SPIDER DUETTO/BOATTAIL NO CUT FOR BERLINA SHORTEN 65MM FOR SUPER/TI WITH LARGER ENGINE ."

I shortened it 65 mm and installed with problems wrt interference and drove for a 5-mile run to the shop where it was replaced with a parts-bin ANSA front section. As this thread documents, I was unable to get it to fit properly on my '66 Super w/1750 and floor-mounted pedals (Joe at Centerline has been nice to offer a partial $$$ offset). But it was close.

Thus, can't say for certain what configuration it would fit, but would like to see it go to someone who can use it rather than sitting around in the garage.

BTW, Sono, how'd your exhaust project end up?

Attachments

Project went pretty well, I took it to Dennis Etcheverry at Norman Racing group and we figured the column shift Ti required a special downpipe to clear the linkages so we decided it would be best to just cut and recycle the old one, moved brackets around, and bolted the whole thing up. It was expensive and bit time consuming to figure it out, but the car is very happy with the current set-up and I too am hoping never to buy another exhaust!

I'll post some pictures if I can get it up on the lift this weekend.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Project went pretty well, I took it to Dennis Etcheverry at Norman Racing group and we figured the column shift Ti required a special downpipe to clear the linkages so we decided it would be best to just cut and recycle the old one, moved brackets around, and bolted the whole thing up. It was expensive and bit time consuming to figure it out, but the car is very happy with the current set-up and I too am hoping never to buy another exhaust!

I'll post some pictures if I can get it up on the lift this weekend.

That was easy! :)

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.