Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if the exhaust manifold is the same on the twin spark as
the 2 ltr motor,
will a set of extractors from my old 2ltr motor fit on the twin spark,bolt pattern
are they the same:confused:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they don't have any 116 spares on there web site,
i have the alfa 2ltr 116 alfetta and going to put the new
2ltr alfa 75 motor in it,but have a good set of headres and want to retain them,as i thought that motor was the same other than internal's.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help, but in the U.S. we have a lot of 2 liter engines. For many years now, people have successfully taken on projects where they replace their 2 liter Nord engine with a 2 liter Twin Spark. In these cases, the exhaust manifolds have never been interchangeable, and a new exhaust manifold is one of the hurdles that must be cleared. Here is a web site which you may find informative: Alfa Romeo Performance Engines

Best regards,

A

·
0 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, it won't work. the exhaust side of the TS head is 90 degrees in relationship to the base of the head, not the almost 45 degree (or so it appears ) of the nord. The exhaust flanges of the 116 or 115 headers are angled to fit the nord head, TS headers are not, and height is different, header outlet will not match the exhaust, port spacing might not work. And the I.D. is too small. I did cut up a used nord header and match up to a 115 spider, but only for an frustrated owner/freind who wanted something temporary untill the set he had paid for arrived. They where ugly, but worked as a temp fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts