Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered that 4 of my exhaust manifold studs are stripped of thread on the manifold side.

Obviously i need to replace them, and i was wondering if there was a standard part available to replace them, so i dont need a trip to a alfa dealer.

some info on thread type etc would be fantastic.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Gunmetal,

A quick reply based on my experience with Alfa-studs:

These studs seem to have 2 different threads: one for the manifold side, and another one for the side which goes in the Cylinderhead...so finding a ready made replacement in your local hardware store may be tricky. Best thing to do is take them of an old cylinderhead you have laying around ;)... But i'm quite shure some veteran Alfa engine rebuilders on this board will come up with a nice solution..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
M8 in one end and M8 fine at the other. Except the 75 Turbo that has regular M8 at both ends.
I think you can use regular M8, should be easier to find nuts too (like any parts dealer selling new turbo cars)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I can't remember if they were for the intake or exhaust side, but I got some studs at International Auto Parts after scouring local hardware and auto parts stores and coming up empty. They didn't match the originals exactly for length, but they work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts