Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on an exhaust that will fit this unique spec?

'69 super/ti with floor pedals and a 2 liter...

All the commercially available outlets I've looked at so far don't seem to have a bolt on solution.

I am looking for something I can bolt onto the normal 2 liter cast iron exhaust manifold that will fit, but I could look at headers if needed.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I would contact Alfaholics or OKParts in Germany. My GTV has the OKP full system and it is great!

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
There's an easy solution: just use a stock, '69 exhaust front pipe. That is designed for standing pedals and a 1750 engine and since the 2L has the same stroke as the 1750, the front pipe will fit the same way. I did this when installing a 2L in my '66 Sprint GT and it worked fine.

Centerline even recommends the '69 front pipe for 2L conversions. Check out: Exh Front 1969 GTV, Spider | Centerline International

Just don't use a 2L front pipe; that won't clear the standing pedal box.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
When I got my 69 Super with floor pedals the 1600 was seized and out. I put in a 2 ltr with 2 ltr manifold I think and just bolted it up to what was there.

Jay' s suggestion also should work.

Ken

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There's an easy solution: just use a stock, '69 exhaust front pipe. That is designed for standing pedals and a 1750 engine and since the 2L has the same stroke as the 1750, the front pipe will fit the same way. I did this when installing a 2L in my '66 Sprint GT and it worked fine.

Centerline even recommends the '69 front pipe for 2L conversions. Check out: Exh Front 1969 GTV, Spider | Centerline International

Just don't use a 2L front pipe; that won't clear the standing pedal box.
Thanks,

The engine I pulled out is a 1300; I have those manifolds and the 2L stock manifolds.

The Centerline product looks like an option, but "out of stock."

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
The engine I pulled out is a 1300. The Centerline product looks like an option, but "out of stock."
Well, perhaps another supplier like Classic Alfa, Alfa Parts, or Vicks would have the '69 pipe. The 1300 pipe will interfere with the pedal box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts