Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
couple more
Hi.
Do you have any knowledge on the relationship between Virgilio Conrero and Alfa...
Did he get the cars direct from Alfa or through dealers and customers?
Did he take customer projects?
Did his shop leave any trademark 'fixings' that distinguish his cars from other GTA clones out there?
Does anyone keep any records or logbooks of the Alfa cars which passed through his shop before the relationship with Alfa turned sour and he shifted his weight to Opel?
When and why did that happen?
I do have an ulterior motive... I am grasping at the the thought that this is not just a sticker slapped on the GT 1300's thigh. IMG_20150714_200125.jpg

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello sbadaro

I couldn't tell you much about that, Im not much of the Gta records or history expert.

I have driven a buddy's Sprint Speciale and I notice his has a nice blue enamel "Serviso Conrero spa"emblem on top of his trunk lid. I forget what the other words says but it didn't have the red green white colors or checkered flag like you graphic. It was a small and very elegant beautiful badge not competition oriented

I reckon conrero had a dealership selling and servicing while also prepping race cars perhaps?

After alfa Gta Conrero I recall he began developing Opel gr 4 cars with gtam like flares and campy 4 spokes wheels that were quick and successful if memory serves.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
There's lots of history of Conrero, beginning in the Giulietta days (perhaps even 1900?). I'm sure someone will chime in with info and/or a link. Lots of pics of him in the Giulietta racing books.
Andrew

·
Registered
529 Posts
There's lots of history of Conrero, beginning in the Giulietta days (perhaps even 1900?). I'm sure someone will chime in with info and/or a link. Lots of pics of him in the Giulietta racing books.
Andrew
It's all loose ends and fragments of history. I do know that he has an opel cult following (I get fb feeds with photos of the GT and the Ascona harvesting trophies in Italy) but not much info on Alfa. Supposedly he was the first to be able to squeeze a reliable 200 ponies out of the nord engine (cannot remember really but probably the 1750...) at a time when Chitti was content with 160 hp or thereabouts. Whatever they clashed over must have been huge given how difficult it is to get info in Alfa circles on this brilliant man.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts