Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok a quick thought/ question I have a VW as a daily driver they use a coolant special to VW's would that be better at stopping corrosion in an Alfa? Yes the motor has been totally rebuilt and I have an aluminum radiator so stopping corrosion internally is important to me

·
Registered
820 Posts
So I was watching jay Leno's garage and he showed this coolant Evans. Has anyone used it? Is it worthwhile?
I have known jack evans for going on 40 years from when I started racing at lime rock ct. and he was just cranking up his business which was located nearby . he is a mechanical engineer and very very sharp . he started out doing the " accusump " brand of accumulators and the " mecca" inspectable oil filters , the patent and manufacturing licenses for which he later sold to dick moroso. he pioneered and developed the hi pressure reverse cooling systems that were used in nascar in the early restrictor plate days when those motors needed to run impossible compression ratios to make power with the tiny restrictors . my point is that he is a very well educated , vastly experienced and very credible guy. based on that alone , I would suggest that his products are not " scams" or " magic beans " or " the additive that buys you 100 mpg and you can run your car without oil "sort of stuff . having said that I would remind you that , in your case , we are talking about cars that are completely conventional with no genuine weak points. they are cars that if you use completely appropriate and conventional off the shelf oils and antifreeze and brake fluid and all the other consumables and is then maintained just like any other normal and conventional car , then you will have no issues what so ever. no need for 50 $ a gallon magic anti freeze.

if corrosion problems exist, then they already exist as a result of poor maintenance or some other failure and new magic antifreeze is not going to grow any new metal. if your motor is solid now and has no head gasket leakage ( retorque cold if you are looking for something that might help things ) and the antifreeze is appropriate for al and is reasonably fresh then you are going to be just fine. standard ordinary consumables and standard ordinary correct maintenance techniques are all that's required.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I'm still giving thought to this for the sole reason that it takes the pressurization out of the system. ciao, jc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts