Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about halfway done putting my S2 spider back together and realized that i never found where i could get a quick to convert it to European bumpers, if anyone knows where i could get a good kit (i really need everything) or if anyone is selling a set of bumpers PM please with the info.

Thanks in advance

oh and if people could tell me just the price they paid or how much it is about it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Try classic alfa in the UK.I have just repaired the front of my S2(Euro version),I find that the quality of the replicas are inferior to the original,if you can find the original stick to them.Best of luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm about halfway done putting my S2 spider back together and realized that i never found where i could get a quick to convert it to European bumpers, if anyone knows where i could get a good kit (i really need everything) or if anyone is selling a set of bumpers PM please with the info.

Thanks in advance

oh and if people could tell me just the price they paid or how much it is about it would be appreciated.
i bought a complete conversion kit from Spider Point (SPIDER-POINT WÜRZBURG). The rear bumper shows waves I had a body shop reworked.(stainless steel is difficult to stamp) The front bumper brackets where somewhat wiggly I thought until I touched an original car - not better. Overall - pretty good. But I am still looking for an original rear bumper!
I contacted competitors and got the same information - there seems to be only one aftermarket manufacturer in Italy and the quality depends on if the Pasta was aldente or not!
Two holes in the front to install the grill need to be closed too!
Have fun!HJM

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
I think the aftermarket kits are running around $1,800 USD last time I looked. I can't get the link to work but with the weak dollar it is probably more. Originals in top shape are about the same. Bent ones are less of course but they are pretty easy to fix and are superior to the aftermarket unit IMO.

I might have a complete set . I would need to fish them out to see what condition they are in. If you are interested, PM me and I'll dig them out.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I think Centerline is now selling both fronts and rears. I have no idea of quality tho.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
Be aware that Euro front bumpers and US stainless bumpers mount differently. I have Euro's on my spider. I bought them used in England and bought new top blades and lenses from Highwood Alfa. There was a good amount of cutting and welding to fit the Euro bracket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks for all the prompt replies and info, this is going to be the last thing before the car is completed and i want to get it right!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Ed is correct. Euro bumpers are not "bolt-on" to later U.S. Spiders. You need transition parts (brackets), and I suspect there are slightly different requirements as the U.S. legal bumper designs evolved past 1976. The rear mounting is relatively easy, but the front is more complicated. Some of the supplier's websites offer mounting brackets in addition to the actual bumpers.

The changes I mentioned even occurred during the stainless bumper era; front bumper mounting for a 1971 squaretail spider differs from that for a 1973/74 squaretail spider.

Be aware that Euro front bumpers and US stainless bumpers mount differently. I have Euro's on my spider. I bought them used in England and bought new top blades and lenses from Highwood Alfa. There was a good amount of cutting and welding to fit the Euro bracket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts