Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I am sure this has been discussed deeper in the Forum threads but for the sake of a new unit of time what are some suggestions to lower a 115 to a more the "Euro" stance?

Springs? Increase wheel size and decrease tire profile?

Note: Not looking for anything aggressive, just to Euro-size it.

TIA (Thanks in advance).

Like this! :love:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I recently installed a set of Eibach “lowering” springs from Classic Alfa on my 2000GTV for the same reason. They dropped the car about 1.25” in front and just under an inch in back. A new set of Koni reds were installed at the same time. I stuck with 14” wheels and 185/70 tires.

I’m very pleased with the result. The car looks and drives great for my taste. It could be lowered further by removing spacers, but I’m wary about the risk of bottoming on speed bumps or low water crossings (it’s a Texas thing).

Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hey all - I am sure this has been discussed deeper in the Forum threads but for the sake of a new unit of time what are some suggestions to lower a 115 to a more the "Euro" stance?
There are a few easy ways to accomplish this without spending a ton of money. Send me a message and I can fill you in.
Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I too installed a Classic Alfa fast road kit with Koni reds allround, very happy indeed with the ride and handling. Low enough to get the stance I wanted any lower and as mentioned Id worry about grounding out on some of the dreadful local roads. I may keep the original 14in steel wheels having toyed with getting GTA rims, they certainly look great but I need to resolve my steering issues before contemplating the switch as Im fearful of increased stress on the steering box.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too installed a Classic Alfa fast road kit with Koni reds allround, very happy indeed with the ride and handling. Low enough to get the stance I wanted any lower and as mentioned Id worry about grounding out on some of the dreadful local roads. I may keep the original 14in steel wheels having toyed with getting GTA rims, they certainly look great but I need to resolve my steering issues before contemplating the switch as Im fearful of increased stress on the steering box.
Looks great! Thanks for posting...

·
Registered
1967 Sprint GT Veloce
18 Posts
My car is sitting too low and gets close or touches large speed bumps. I'd like to go for a plumper more classic tyre eventually but switched from 205/50/15 for 185/55/15 which have really lightened the load on the steering box and improved the feel. Eventually I'll go for a road handling kit (probably from Veloce Sport in Lincs as they will fit and set it up too and they are 30 mins away!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts