Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious will these work on a 92 164L? has anyone done it yet? and how difficult is it? I really like the look of these but not sure if it will work.

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
Sure they work lookee here:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good

wow those look good i am wanted to get a set for mine now that i know they will work i sure will. But what about the bulbs and the wiring? i am sure they are different.

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
You have to modify wiring connections to make work but not a major issue. As for bulbs each light uses two H1 fog light bulbs for one each for low and high beams, peanut bulb for parking (city lights) and single element 1156 for turn signal.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Euro lights on a '92 12V car

I think Jason Minos has them on a 12V car (or did), and they are on the 12V car we recently bought from NC. It's not quite back on the road, but it's on its way. The bumper needs more work than is apparent in this photo. (Thanks, Matteo!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
I am just curious will these work on a 92 164L? has anyone done it yet? and how difficult is it? I really like the look of these but not sure if it will work.
And what's more you can see the road at night.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man that looks good it definettly makes the front end look great. and i am sure anything will be better thank stocks to see at night they do not do very well.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I've been thinking about that issue, as my son had short notice of a box smack in the middle of his lane last Feb, and upon dodging it ended up with his 164S in the ditch on the opposite side of the road. Another second or two of advance notice and it might have turned out much more favorably.

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts
Yes, they fit as you can see. My 1991 below:

Wiring is easy! All wire colors match! Cut old bulb harness and splice into new.

Install headlights, aim headlights correctly once installed straight and your done.
The lower trim piece should be painted the color of the car and also there are 2 versions of trim, one which fits the Super bumper and one that fits the QV bumper. The rubber seal on the bottom is bigger. I have the super and most do as that is what is readily available. But you can order the ones that fit that bumper or go with the super ones which only leave a slight gap between the bumper and light as seen in the picture! Just think of it as more air into the engine compartment. :)

STEVE, your L looks great BTW!! Stunning condition! Love the color! ;)
Jason

·
Premium Member
26,822 Posts
[QUOTE
STEVE, your L looks great BTW!! Stunning condition! Love the color! ;)
Jason[/QUOTE]

Jason,

Alfafla is a B model which I bought new for about $7k less than the look alike L model they had in same color. Don't ya just love the 164 in classic white. Your "S" looks great to in that color, too.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Unfortunately, my "must have" list has been long and I am only just now getting to my "want list" but, it is starting to get more interesting and more fun. :D Euro lights are fortunately, moving up the list. ;) I'm afraid I am going to end up with a great (mechanically) 164 with a nice interior but with a shot paint job. :eek:
Charles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts