Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at converting from the Bosch FI to carbs. I am in need of a Euro Intake Manifold for my 83 Spider 2L

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Be Aware: The Bosch Head, (82' on), is quite different from a earlier, "Spica" Head. The usual "Euro" manifold WILL NOT FIT onto your engine. There are later Carb Manifolds for these later, "Bosch" cars but they are Scarce. Be sure you are buying the correct Manifold. To substantiate, compare the Manifold Gaskets from both types. Bob Lesher

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are talking about the hump issue near the thermostat? I assume I need a 1983... euro manifold?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
It’s not a big deal to remove the “hump” on the Bosch heads (at least when the head is off the car). If you do that you can fit the early manifolds and they are relatively easy to find.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
They appear regularly on ebay.

·
Richard Jemison
7,503 Posts
But most seem to be Euro manifolds from the smaller engines with small port runners. A 2 liter has 36mm runners at the head side measured horizontally.
If they are 34mm they wont match up with the head ports.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
I have a correct carb manifold for the Bosch cylinder head.
Price is $200 plus shipping. Intake manifold gasket and carb mounts are available fro0m Classic Alfa. And probably other sources.
Contact Karen at [email protected]
DSC06455.JPG
DSC06456.JPG

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They appear regularly on ebay.
Will this coil work well with the 123 Ignition?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts