Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
At $190 each, that's pretty expensive IMO. Looks like the reflectors are not in the best of shape either . . . and missing side gaskets. I just bought some from Germany for $80 each, plus $50 shipping. That said prices are all over the place on these things.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At $190 each, that's pretty expensive IMO. Looks like the reflectors are not in the best of shape either . . . and missing side gaskets. I just bought some from Germany for $80 each, plus $50 shipping. That said prices are all over the place on these things.
That's good to know. Have no clue on pricing on these. That's why we look out for the group :)

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I looked at them, could have even picked them up with no shipping since they are right here in my area but I can't justify that much expense for something I really don't need. Especially when I have a bad trunk release solenoid and master lock controller that I do need.

Plus I'm kind of on a budget right now.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
seems to have ended abruptly! Me thinks someone said, hey I'll pay $400 for them. Bam…ended! haha

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Those look real good. One is missing a rear cover and the other has a broken cover latch, which is no big deal. They do have the rubber side seals, which is good, and the rubber seals on the bottom of the metal trim pieces. Very complete except for one missing rear cover. For $75 each, they look like a very good deal for someone. Shipping from Germany for mine were about $50 each, but I bought each side separately and were shipped separately. Shipped together it should be less than $100. Shipping transit time was 2-3 weeks via DHL over the pond, then USPS delivery to the house.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm interested to know what the Bosch part number differences are between the LHD and RHD Euro headlights are.

Does anyone happen to know how you tell the two versions (LHD/RHD) apart?

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
I'm just guessing, but I suspect they might be the same, as the ones I bought were set up for RHD, but internally the low beams can be changed to LHD by loosening a couple of screws and rotating the internal shield structure to the other side drive via existing slots for the screws, which is what I did with mine to make them LHD. The high beams are the same for both RHD and LHD as far as I know, so no change there.

It would make sense for the manufacturer to make them changeable, depending on the country of destination, saves on tooling and part inventory.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Interesting, I'd never looked hard enough to find the screws you mention. Thanks for pointing that out as I seem to see plenty for sale online for LHD cars, but not many for RHD cars (missed an RHD light on eBay a few weeks ago).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts