Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a set of Euro front and rear bumpers. The rear bumper was easy enough... remove US bracket, euro holes underneath, insert bolts, good to go.

The front is another issue. I have a set of euro brackets so we removed the US shock brackets and found what we assume are the front mounting holes, but the holes don't match the bracket. Does anyone have a picture of the left and right front bracket on the car, better yet, someone who has done the conversion with euro everything.

Thanks y'all!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Hi

If you want to use the unmodified euro brackets to mount the euro front bumper to a USA spec car, then quite a bit of cutting and grinding is required.

It's all detailed here in this (very long) thread from down under

Scroll down to reply #10 which starts as

Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 06:24:28 PM »
Cheers alphie75. :)
September update!

Now scroll down past the first 12 images until you get to the bumper section, and you can see what's required

Here's a preview
Old bumper shock mount removed with sawzall

Euro Mount Installed

Have at it !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Strongly advice to attach the mount to the bumper before installation and bolt the mounts to the body. This is the sequence in the Workshop Manual. Otherwise it will be hell to reach an tighten the bolts from the bumper to the mount.
I don't know how the US bumper is attached at the rear outside edges of the front bumper, but the European have sort of "pyramids" that are heat fused to the bumper and attach to the wing (or is it quarter panel in US?) thru a hole and a bolt from within the wing. From the limited photos above I don't see this arrangement, as well the attachment to the inner wheel arch cover at the bottom front side.
If you wish I can post the pages from the manual on removal and installation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just what I was looking for! Thank you Milanoguy 😁👍

Br75TS I found the 75 manuals online which have been a big help, but having the pictures above definitely help with the location and bearings. Thank you for the advice of attaching the brackets to the bumper first. Anything to make assembly easier is greatly appreciated 😁👍

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are more than welcome.
The holes on the body side of the mounts are bigger than the bolts. That allows for fine adjustments and bumper alignment before tightening them and also for some flexibility in maneuvering the end side mount to align with its bolt from the wing (after initial mounting, I close bolt them lightly before finishing the main mounts). Make sure that the washers are sufficiently big and thick (unless, of course, you have the original ones).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts