Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the lower front fender badges in this image? What does it say and, most importantly, where can I get a pair? I am in the midst of a quality restoration of my '75 Sedan and I think these add a nice detail. Like everything else on this car, I am willing to pay way more than they are worth!

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the photos I have seen it would also appear that they were used only on the right hand side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
IIRC, it says "Centro Stile Alfa Romeo" with an Alfa emblem in between "Stile" and "Alfa". I remember seeing one for sale somewhere (I think it was an online auction) fairly recently but alas, I cannot remeber where!! I spent last hour or so looking for it without any luck.

Good luck,

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this pic from an earlier thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Bob,

Are you documenting this resto on the BB? Is there a link to it? Very interested in what my future will hold for me, as I'm a "cost be damned" lunatic for my sedan as well...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob,

Are you documenting this resto on the BB? Is there a link to it? Very interested in what my future will hold for me, as I'm a "cost be damned" lunatic for my sedan as well...
Yep...check out http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta-gtv6-1975-1986/34982-restoring-alfetta-sedans.html. Noted area painter John Kenney came by to look at the car on Saturday. John works for Wheel 2 Wheel here in Detroit and he paints a lot of concept vehicles for the Big 3 as well as some SEMA vehicles (John painted the Chrysler S392 Roadster concept at this year's show). One of the benefits of working for GM is that you can get a guy like John to actually consider painting your car. He has a couple pace cars to paint over the next week or so and then...an Alfetta Sedan. It's actually quite humerous when you think of it.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Oh yeah thanks, I've followed that thread, but I'm not "subscribed" to it yet. I should probably do that...lest I forget.
Another question, are you going to keep the lower valance portion painted black or are you going to have it resprayed red all the way down? Seems like nobody keeps them black, including the last owner of my car, but I think I'll fix that when the time comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts