Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone has any insght to this question regarding the euro Alfetta headers 4 into 2 into 1.

Will the bolt up to a 115 2L and clear the upper oil pan? I realize that a differen't downpipe would have to be used for connection with the 115 2L GTV.

Curious if this would even work. Insight appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Almost 100% certain they will not work. IIRC, something about the engine mount alignment being directly in the way of the downpipe (in such a way that a custom downpipe would be of no use).

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Almost 100% certain they will not work. IIRC, something about the engine mount alignment being directly in the way of the downpipe (in such a way that a custom downpipe would be of no use).
Hmmm,

While the engine mounts are different, they bolt to the block in the same place. I'd have to look at them both to refresh my memory, but I don't think the motor mounts are the problem. I think the angle of the inner fender and cross member is the bigger problem.

I've got Alfetta headers and a 105/115, if I get time I'll head out to the garage and size them up.

bs

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BS:
That would be neat.
Do you have the 4 into 2 (euro) or the 4 into 1 us 116 headers?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The early US Alfetta GT headers were single piece 4 into 1 to which a single downpipe attached. The later ones, 1977-up and also a single piece, were 4 into two (siamesed actually) with two downpipes (this is header part number I sent).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Won't fit due to the motor mount but more importantly why would you want to, if you look at the different lengths of the no 1 and 4 primary sections on the 116 this is not an upgrade for a 105 unit.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you want a 2 piece exhaust manifold send me a PM and I'll send you a pic of a pair that I have as a spare. They should have the proper angle to use the early spider front pipe. When I get them out I'll get the casting numbers so you can get opinions on how they will work out.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Papa & Geezer,

Yes, the later ones euro ones, 1977-up are the ones I am referring to (per picture above).

George Willet had proven that this exhaust manifold had significant performance over the 116 4 into 1, which I would also think due to later design also provides better performance then the earlier stock 115 2L manifold. Was just curious if this 116 manifold would bolt up to the block and clear. I do realize a custom downpipe would have to be fitted if this were to even work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts