Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed the air filters on my carbed 2L ('73 GTV 2000) from K&Ns to a stock Euro airbox and the front of the air horn is very close to the air channel mounted on the radiator support. So much so that at certain rpms they vibrate against eachother. Is this typical when converting a former spica car to the carb euro air filter housing? Other than that I'm thrilled with the changeover.

Bill

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Bill,

Originaly my Bert also was Spica equiped and is also 'transformed' to Euro specs, no problem with vibrations at all....Are your engine mounts ok?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cor,

Thanks for the response. How did you end up with a Spica GTV in Holland? Visually, my engine mounts seem fine (ie, not cracked,distorted or sagging). Our setups seem to be a little different. I have a intake manifold from a 1600 which seems to make it ride a little higher and farther away from the fender than yours. Also, your housing looks slightly different but I can't read the part# from your picture (mine is 105.44.08.010.01). Anyway, I'll probably just use an angle grinder to remove 1/8" off the end of the front channel.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The Euro spec cars don`t actually have that trumpet from the radiator support panel.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Alfasud Ti, `84 GTV6.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I just cut about a half inch off the end of the trumpet with a dremel, and it looks like it'll be clear even when vibrating.

Thanks guys,
Bill

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Cor,

Thanks for the response. How did you end up with a Spica GTV in Holland? Visually, my engine mounts seem fine (ie, not cracked,distorted or sagging). Our setups seem to be a little different. I have a intake manifold from a 1600 which seems to make it ride a little higher and farther away from the fender than yours. Also, your housing looks slightly different but I can't read the part# from your picture (mine is 105.44.08.010.01). Anyway, I'll probably just use an angle grinder to remove 1/8" off the end of the front channel.

Bill
As Richard told, it's the shape of that trumpet (=longer), from the radiator support panel.
The p.o. made the conversion from Spica to carbs etc. of my Bert. My air filter housing has the same number:105.44.08.010.01+ D.G.M. 7177-S which actually belongs to a 2 liter GTV. But you dremeled your problem already ;) Happy driving Bill!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bill,

Below is a picture from my 72 Euro GTV, as you know trumpet is smaller. I also notice that on my car the opening of the air cleaner has a flange, I guess this is original.

Regards,

Romulo

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts