Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or have suggestions where to look for the number of Euro specd 2000 Spiders in the US? Might there be a Alfa Club registry, a customs report or some estimate as to how many are here in the states? How would we differentiate between the Spider 2000 and the Spider Veloce 2L?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
reply from aggie57

Dear Euro Spider 79,
Aggie57 has quoted you!
-----------
---Quote (Originally by Euro Spider 79)---
How would we differentiate between the Spider 2000 and the Spider Veloce 2L?
---End Quote---
Easy. All Euro 2 litre spiders are Veloce's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is true

Correct, but let me rephrase my question. The proper name for a '79 Spider being manufactured and shipped to the states is
1979 Alfa RomeoSpider Veloce
For one manufactured for Europe is
1979 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce 2000
These are very different cars in appearance and performance.
Comparison table in automobile-catalog will show comparison.

My question is, how can I determine how many Spider Veloce 2000 have found there way to the USA? i.e. there is a Duetto Registery, might there be one for the Euro models?

I thank aggie57 for his reply. Any others?

·
Registered
374 Posts
According to my records and that of Fusi, the chassis corresponds to that of a 1973 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce - USA version. Since importation fines were so devastating back then...as now...someone early owner undoubtedly converted some EUR version parts onto this Alfa Romeo, Inc. imported chassis. The actual importation records were thrown away by Alfa Romeo when they moved to Orlando Florida and at which time the records reached a five year old vintage...legal at that time for disposal. By the VIN the chassis appears to have been 'born' in the middle of the 1973 model range.

That is all I know on the subject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts