Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the SPICA/Weber conversion off my Spider.
Unnecessarily heavy and lots of unused studs!

I have an earlier intake with the screw-in type thermostat that I am sure can be made to work.

But a Euro manifold will have all the varied ports and fittings in the same location as the SPICA so easier to locate hoses and such.
I had one of these but it is among the items that have walked away in the night.

Now looking for another to get the Spider back on the road.
Need not be pretty, just intact.

Price in reply please.

If I do get the 2000 manifold my 1600? manifold will become available, the SPICA conversion set too.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may deal with this by fitting my early screw-in thermostat type intake to the engine that is going into a kit car.
Have to figure out some plumbing though.

·
Premium Member
6,089 Posts
The only thing different is the later intake had a port for the bypass hose. Where the 1600 intake doesn't. So either buy a new 2 port water pump like the 1300/1600 use. Or block off the bypass port on the later pump. Your heater hose and booster vacuum hose are pretty close to the same spot as on the spica intake.

·
Richard Jemison
8,200 Posts
manifolds

The early manifolds won`t have the same port spacing as any of the 2 liter heads.
2 liter carb/spica heads are different in both spacing and shape from Bosch manifold cars.

You should plan on port matching whatever you use to prevent flow issues.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Early" manifold I have is marked @3 and fits the ports very well.
So maybe not particularly early, just screw-in thermostat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts