Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
My friend and neighbor died two weekends ago when he crashed his Moto Guzzi. His family, who lives in North Carolina, has asked me to sell his collection of Alfa Books and his 1974 Spider (that will be posted as soon as the title situation is sorted out). There are some Lotus, Harley and Engineering books listed as well.

Please see the attached list of books (in Excel Format). Pricing is shown on the list. Books that are sold have been noted as this list is posted on Apexspeed as well. (I club race). I will do my best to keep the list updated on a regular basis.

USPS Priority Mail seems to be the easiest way to ship as their boxes fit books really well and the prices are simple to figure.

I have done my best to be fair with the prices so they can be sold but not given away. Although I think I may have under priced a few.... If I underpriced by a large margin please let me know!

Please e-mail me for information. I cannot get online to bulletin boards at work so IM's won't be seen until evening. I have taken pictures of all the books so I can send a picture to verify the cover for you.

I know..first post...new member....sure he is. I talked to Peter Vack of Veloce Today and he's the one who suggested I post this here. Yes...he bought a few!

Thanks,
Kurtis C.
Phoenix, Az

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am sorry for the loss of your friend. My condolences to his family. I am a avid motorcyclist myself and it really saddens me when I here of tragic accidents like your friends. Take comfort that he was doing what he really enjoyed when this happened. R.I.P.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry for the loss of your friend. My condolences to his family. I am a avid motorcyclist myself and it really saddens me when I here of tragic accidents like your friends. Take comfort that he was doing what he really enjoyed when this happened. R.I.P.
Thanks. He did love that bike. I ride too. If you're familiar with the area, it was on a strech of road called Yarnell north of Phoenix here. The paramedics said he died with a smile on his face. If we could all be so lucky.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
kurtis

i take this one... Alfa Romeo Giulia Coupe' GT & GTA John Tipler 2nd editon - Alfa Romeo. please private message me for shipping address and payment details.

your email address??

regards

davbert

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks. He did love that bike. I ride too. If you're familiar with the area, it was on a strech of road called Yarnell north of Phoenix here. The paramedics said he died with a smile on his face. If we could all be so lucky.
Lived in San Diego for 15 years, but never road in that area. Did some research on the area and looks like a pretty nice windy road. I now live in San Antonio, TX. I like to ride up in the Hill Country out here.. Very nice riding. Will ride this weekend if weather holds up, in honor of your friend.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Hi Kurtis, welcome to AlfaBB -- I wish it would have been under better circumstances.

Just a quick note on the Catalog Raisonné: Three editions exist of this 2-Volume book.
The 1st edition, published in 1983 (ISBN 88-85058-29-9), is bright-red, covers the period 1910-1982 and is edited by Altieri and Lurani.
The 2nd edition, published in 1989, was revised by Mateucci. I don't have this version, so I don't know the ISBN number.
The 3rd edition, published in 1999 but called the 2000 edition (ISBN 88-7960-016-8), is dark-red, covers the period 1910-2000 and was revised by Alfieri.
From the description in the spreadsheet, I presume the book for sale is a 3rd edition. I've seen prices for these books all over the place, typically about USD 180-200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Kurtis, welcome to AlfaBB -- I wish it would have been under better circumstances.

Just a quick note on the Catalog Raisonné: Three editions exist of this 2-Volume book.
The 1st edition, published in 1983 (ISBN 88-85058-29-9), is bright-red, covers the period 1910-1982 and is edited by Altieri and Lurani.
The 2nd edition, published in 1989, was revised by Mateucci. I don't have this version, so I don't know the ISBN number.
The 3rd edition, published in 1999 but called the 2000 edition (ISBN 88-7960-016-8), is dark-red, covers the period 1910-2000 and was revised by Alfieri.
From the description in the spreadsheet, I presume the book for sale is a 3rd edition. I've seen prices for these books all over the place, typically about USD 180-200.
Thank you for the information. This one is the third edition, published in 1999. I'll update the list and price as well. How about $150.

And a little background on me. I owned a 1979 Spider back when the AROC had the national convention here in Phoenix back in 2000. We went on a drive to Prescott, going through Wickenburg up Yarnell Hill. I had a sunburn on my inner thigh that lasted for three months! I skipped work to go and it was the first time I had ever seen a Montreal. I ended up selling that car to buy another Lancia but, I was an Alfa guy at one time. Bob's spider has sort of given me the bug again....we'll see.

Thanks to everyone who has bought a book/books.

Cheers,
Kurt.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Kurt,

My books arrived today. They are all in wonderful condition. I am sorry to be getting them under the current circumstances. They will truly be appreciated and will be a great addition to another Alfa library.

RP

·
Registered
512 Posts
Kurt,

My books arrived today. They are all in wonderful condition. I am sorry to be getting them under the current circumstances. They will truly be appreciated and will be a great addition to another Alfa library.

RP
I as well recieved my books today. Very good condition. Don't like the circumstances that I got them as well. Will utilize there information and I think your friend would have appreciated them going to good use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,
Thank You to everone who purchased a book or books. I have updated the list to show what's left to be sold here on the Alfa BB. Not many. I have pulled some books to be given to the family and friends who I came in contact with and others that have been sold. Thanks again!

Kurt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts