Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Alfaholic’s photo archive there is image of Mladen Novak in 1300GTAJ with text reporting that the car was previously driven by Gian Luigi Picchi. The car in question was never Picchi’s machine. His cars AR776083 “Yellow Nose”/destroyed by Dini in 4 hours of Monza in 1972/ and AR775813 “Orange Nose” /still in Italy/, were and remained red body, and two other occasionally used GTAJs were ceded later to other Italian teams /after 1976/. Novak’s GTAJ was rented /together with another GTAJ for Miroslav Nosse/ from Autodelta in 1975 /and returned in Italy a year later/ by “AMK Dinamo” team from Zagreb. /VIN and other data unknown/

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is chassis number AR775813 in Italy, or was it destroyed in "garagem Aurora" fire in Portugal in 1981? If it wasn't this car, wich one was destroyed in that fire?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hi SprintGtVeloce
It is certainly possible that GTAJ destroyed in Lisbon in ’81 was chassis N°775813 as I have found that VIN connected at “Muso Arancione” in this forum. In those days nobody has controlled chassis numbers. They were found much later in documents. I was referring at the car in photography that was never Picchi’s car and I have used VIN (presented here in forum by experts) convinced that it was right one. Today I discussed that with Picchi and he told me that “Muso Arancione” today (probably) is a part of UrlichGTA’s racing team, and in that case it is obvious that the VIN of “Orange Nose” wasn’t 775813. Anyhow it could be interesting for the experts of this forum, and your explanation is important one.
here is Picchi with "Orange Nose"

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
MOCAR racing team used two Gtas from 1973 in Portugal. One was AR613014, born as a 1600, raced as a 1300. The other one, I believe, it was AR775813. Both run 4h Jarama in 1972 and then "sold" to MOCAR portuguese official Alfa Romeo importer. After MOCAR they were driven by Fernandes Bello and Bacelar de Moura respectively in the portuguese championship untill 1979/1980. One, believed to be AR775813, was destroyed in "garagem Aurora" fire in 1981 and the other... some say that it is still in Portugal and others, as presented here at AlfaBB, sold to France and now in Germany.

Mocar team:

Bacelar de Moura burnt Gta:

Fernandes Bello Gta:

·
Registered
641 Posts
orange nose

Hallo Borzacchini jr,

Gianluigi is allright about AR 775813 , but its first driver in my documents was T.Zeccoli , 1974 sold to germany.Perhaps , there were 2 cars with the same nose, but 813 never run correct with 4 valve engine.Reconverted to narrow-head , raced in germany.

Hope to see you in Italy this season. Greatings to Gianluigi.

Uli

·
Registered
2 Posts
AR776083 is not as noted - it was raced but never "destroyed by Dini in 4 hours of Monza in 1972" Erroneous information

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
AR776083 is not as noted - it was raced but never "destroyed by Dini in 4 hours of Monza in 1972" Erroneous information
Hello Stef430, I see that you are a new member and have made 2 posts re GTAj 776083 adding additional information. That information is very appreciated and can be better received if you were to do a self introduction, as is often done by new members to this BB.

It is encouraged and helpful also if you could expand on your source of information when attempting to correct erroneous information.

BTW I think I saw 776083 at Roman Auto Prep during its time there.

You can PM (Private Message) me through this BB by clicking on kengta or email me at [email protected]

Regards

Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there.
I am a son of Mladen Novak and have the information about the car in question above (incl VINs, Autodelta invoices, pictures etc). If there is still interest around this car I am happy to help, just respond to this message or PM me.
Thanks,
Karlo Novak

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Hi there.
I am a son of Mladen Novak and have the information about the car in question above (incl VINs, Autodelta invoices, pictures etc). If there is still interest around this car I am happy to help, just respond to this message or PM me.
Thanks,
Karlo Novak
I sent you a PM

Ciao

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts