Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a 1990 (series 3) 33, who has recently been involved in a serious rear-ender in his car. Very good chance it'll be too much to repair, so he asked if I can gauge others for interest in it.

Good points:
1.7IE engine, in good condition & was only very recently tuned & had a major service. I have a recollection that it only had 120K on it, but i'll confirm that (memory a little hazy on that)
Gearbox is excellent.
Interior is great.
New radiator.
New Koni's in the front struts, strut bearings too.
Brakes were good, considering it has the solid front disc/rear drum combo of earlier models.
16V wheels.
16v sideskirts/spoiler.

Up until this stage, the body was straight & in great condition, with the exception of the paint looking a little dull (Alfa white - yet to see one which DOESN'T look flat)

To give an idea on repairs done, he's only owned the car for 8 months, and paid roughly $6K for it. If you saw the condition of it, you would agree that it was worth the money.

The damage done:
He's been shunted hard at the rear, then clipped on the left rear corner.

Result is bent rear 1/4 guards, rear panels, busted lights, bent LHS sill & back door, boot floor, rear axle... etc etc etc. Basicly everything behind the rear seat.

Insurance co is being stingy with it (as would be expected), but he wants a gauge on what it may be worth to someone else.

Or he's going to get a quote to fix it (Even though i've told him he's crazy to consider it)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I bought a 33 with what sounds like identical damage a while ago to be the doner for my 16v sud.

Cost $1800 for avanti in brisbane minus gearbox.

I imagine a complete car would be worth 2300+ for the right person.

·
Registered
501 Posts
It sounds very terminal, but *anything* is fixable at the end of the day. The car would probably need to be set up again on a chassis table which is going to cost lots of $, not to mention the huge amount of labour to repair those panels. I agree with Lenus, the car is probably worth $1500-$2300 for the remaining good bits. PM me if you need to move those koni front struts!

~Benjamin

·
Registered
102 Posts
If he decides to sell the car in parts im willing to buy the side skirts,( the different ones from standard right?) but he'll have to ship them to malta!! hehe. i broke mine on a sleeping police bump. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts