Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lordy! What a mess!
Is a there any way to be sure I won't get hit with that again?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to find that immediately on my own. But I was just wondering if it was going to be a recurring problem. That format is 100% non-usable for BB access. You need to lock it out!

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
yeah I had to power off my Iphone to get out of it. Not the most user-friendly interface I have seen ---

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Provided you don't clear your browser cache or settings the site will not revert to the enhanced mode. Goats, what browser and ios version are you using?
KN Community Support

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
BBAdmin Im not sure; but it says under settings:general its version 7.1.1 (11D201) and I also noticed I am supposed to load new software for IOS 7.1.2

So I am updating it now ; as for browser its the safari one that comes with the phone I think

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Ok, let me know if it comes through after the update, though be warned we've been noticing difficulty with newer ios versions. Not just here, seems a problem with the software in general
KN

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm running Chrome on Android 4.4.2. I've given the mobile website a few days to see if it was just the change that I didn't like. It's not. The mobile website is slower, has less functionality, and the interface is not intuitive at all. I think if you could improve load performance by a few seconds, bring back most of the functionality that is in the desktop version, and rethink the interface, it would be ok. The main problem is that this version is "less" than the desktop version. You can't do that when you have an established audience with established expectations (unless you don't mind a lot of complaints).

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see there's been a change in the enhanced mobile version. You now have to give a reason for not wanting to use it in order to return to the full site.

Unfortunately you can only pick one reason. Two or three of the choices were appropriate reasons.

For me anyway, you're waisting your time fiddling with the mobile version. I'm not going to use it.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
On mobile only when I have to now, using the full site. Not the mobile app.

Since the new improved enhanced mobile version hit, even though I don't use it, I get pop up ads ONLY on AlfaBB. The ad says some version of Java 12 is required for this content. But it is clearly SPAM, and likely malicious. There are a couple of other super-D-duper annoying ads for other stuff the rides over the top of the BB ONLY on the BB and ONLY when on the Android mobile. This started when the BB introduced that super-sucky enhanced mobile version.

It has left the realm of the crappy app. Now it is annoying, and perhaps dangerous.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The problem is not the autoguide app. This thread is about the enhanced mobile version. The enhanced mobile version is a website you get redirected to. It's buggy, featureless, and contains malware.

I tried the autoguide app, and it was OK, but for me the full version of the BB runs fine on my Android. And you can get rid of the ads for a few bucks if you want to on the app. What killed the app for me was everytime I clicked, the app would ask if I wanted to use the browser or the app. Every time. Every time. Got annoying. Baleeted!

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
The problem is not the autoguide app. This thread is about the enhanced mobile version. The enhanced mobile version is a website you get redirected to. It's buggy, featureless, and contains malware.

I tried the autoguide app, and it was OK, but for me the full version of the BB runs fine on my Android. And you can get rid of the ads for a few bucks if you want to on the app. What killed the app for me was everytime I clicked, the app would ask if I wanted to use the browser or the app. Every time. Every time. Got annoying. Baleeted!
What malware is getting flagged for you?
Also the "option" to switch from app to browser is something that I find Androids just do at this point.
KN Community Support

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The next time it pops up, I'll try to get a shot of it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I try to exit the enhanced view but it always comes back the next week. No one likes it so can someone just remove it entirely?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts