Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to share the work I did polishing bits and pieces of my engine bay over the last two days. I have used several other metal polishes but by far "English Custom Polish" is the best one.

Didn't realise that the aluminum was so dull now it's nice and shinny.:)

The bottom attachment is the before and after picture of the rebuild showing how dull things were.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Hey Murray,

Always a pleasure to look at that engine.

Couple questions:

1. So where did you get the polish?
2. Your brake fluid looks green to me? Is that right?

Vin

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Vin,

This polish works great and it is addicting.:eek:

I started with the coolant overflow tank just to see how it worked (went from dull to a mirror finish) then went to the fuel rail (did the same) I had no attention to do the cam cover because it looked good but before I knew it.....it was done alone with head the nuts and all.

Here a link to the polish

Hot Environment Chrome Polish

On the brake fluid........The last brake flush I used ATE yellow the one before that was ATE blue. I can never get all ATE blue fluid out when flushing with the ATE yellow. There's a balancing camber on the right side of the reservoir that's hard to get all the old stuff out.

Aldo............wana see insane the under carriage is just as clean .:D

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
but what about that trick air box?

Hi Murray,
Great tip on the polish! And excellent detail work on your car. I noticed your fancy looking carbon fiber air box-would you tell me where you got that?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Murray, Do you have any idea what the brown crap is under the car. I have the same thing.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very nice-thanks for the info. Do you have these CF horns hiding inside too?

http://www.twminduction.com/AirHorn/AirHorn.imgs/carbon_horn_1_lg.jpg
Nope just plain spun aluminum horns. Last year I switched out the 50mm horns to 30mm to help in air flow within the box. Those were $$$ enough the CF horns are might as well be made out of gold.

Murray, Do you have any idea what the brown crap is under the car. I have the same thing.
Is the brown on yours heavier on the passenger side, mine is? I believe whatever it is (added rust proofing???) was sprayed on after the main underbody coating was put on either by the factory or dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Those full radius horns are a thing of beauty. It appears that you used ECP on the 30mm horns and left the 50mm's alone? Wow-night and day difference. Gotta get some of this polish-ya sold me. Actually, Fangio8C sold me in his thread with his nicely polished 1750 GTV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts