Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an engine existing or to rebuild into a slightly "hotter" version than the original 2000 that is already in the car. I'd like the engine and transmission together. I do not necessarily want a race engine just something more responsive for the street. If anyone knows of something, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Push hard and live
11,041 Posts
Where are you located?

Reactions: slowcreek

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I have a Rebuilt 2.0ltr, Alfetta Engine with drilled crank, (for 105-115 application) w/ Bat wing oil pan. New Std Rod and Main Bearings, rebuilt Oil Pump, New Chains, Seals, Gaskets and Hastings Rings, 10:1 Motronic Pistons. Rebuilt Head with 10mm Euro Cams. Never fired. $5500. Plus I also have a Transmission, Flywheel and Bell housing for add. $600. ( no exchange).
Also, a couple other Spider/ GTV Motors, from Rebuild-able cores to used runners. Bob in Astoria Oregon

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
11,041 Posts
It would seem 1alfanatic has a great deal for you!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2 ltr motor from a 78 Spider with 73,000 miles on it and the accompanying transmission The motor blew a head gasket and was parked ruining one piston and sleeve I have the replacement piston and sleeve to restore the engine to stock,
Or you could replace pistons and sleeves with say 10:1 pistons and add sport cams to achieve what you sound like you are wanting
I'm in San Diego I would part with all this for a reasonable price
Contact me thru PM if it's something you would be interested in

·
Registered
1960 Giulietta Spider, 1961 Giulietta Spider Veloce
249 Posts
If still looking I have a low mileage under 50k 2L. It was a strong running engine when pulled out of a 74 GTV
$1000 Located in Ma.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts