Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an engine and transmission combo that are little easier to find, I've got a 164Q and I'm having trouble finding a 24v 3.0l for it, the engine in it now is torn apart and has been sitting open for years, I would like to get the car back driving, it's just sitting in my driveway torturing me every time I see it

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
There is a rebuilt 24V LS semi-long block for sale on eBay. Can you just put your tranny and the accessories on something like that? You will then end up with a Q engine since the only difference between the LS engine and the Q engine is the larger diameter intake runners, which you already should have in your bundle of parts.

You don't tell us where you live. Would help to know that in the likelihood that there might be someone around you who could help you put this together.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Just make sure you have a copy of the workshop manual to help. Hopefully there will be someone in your area to help. Check the BB list of Alfa mechanics as well.

I just looked at the ad, and engine is located in Rochester, maybe even down the street from you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for letting me know about ad, I actually just emailed them, and I'm waiting for a reply, I'm hoping to be able to go and inspect the engine, I'm pretty new to Alfas, so it will definitely be an adventurous job for me.

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
That's right, the 95 has an air pump, etc, for pollution control? Good question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts