Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi not new to this forum but first time posting about my gtv.I have a 67 that is pretty much rust free but missing the engine and tranny.I have a 71 that has a good engine but body not so good.My plan was to use the 71 drivetrain in the 67. my concern is the tranny and clutch linkage. I like the pedals on the floor an would like to keep it looking stock.Am I better off trying to find a 67 tranny and mating the 1750 to that?

mike

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Your '71 engine and tranny will work great. What you need to obtain is a 1600 bellhousing w/clutch fork, 1600 or 1300 flywheel, clutch and throwout. I can probably help. If you tell us your location others closer by may be able to help.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
twincam4:

Always mention where you are located.

As Bill S wrote, you have much of what you need to do the conversion. But, to retain your mechanical clutch, you need the flywheel, pressure plate, disk, and bellhousing from a mech. clutch (typically 1600cc) car. There are LOTS of these around. But, flywheels are awfully heavy to ship, so finding one locally would be best.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responces.I live on long island and most of the parts I get are through Ebay but I did make a trip once to see papajam (by the way great guy) I am in the process of collecting parts and also restoring my mustang.I have to make more room at my house so I want to make sure I have what I need before I get rid of the 71.I am also getting rid of 911 parts.Going to focus on the gtv and mustang and hopefully make my wife happy at the same time.So I will continue to watch ebay or if someone on the island has these parts let me know. thanks again for all the help

mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts