Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a new business space and we have a CNC plasma machine for cutting steel. And a great TIG welder.

So...
I'm doing another run of Engine stand adapters.

Tube is 2 and 3/8" diameter and fits harbor freight engine stands and others easily.

Hole pattern is from an alfa 4cyl.

finish is raw steel.

$70 per stand plus $15 for a USPS domestic flat rate shipping box(one box can fit more than 4 stands for cheaper shipping if you'd ever want more than one)
For orders e-mail: [email protected]
can take checks/paypal/creditcards over the phone.

Also I'd be happy to cut & weld any other things that we can dream up that we'd want in enough quantity to make the design and set-up time worth while. Special tools?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to make a 6 cyl version.
Can anyone verify the hole pattern?
If I could get some measurements I will draft one up..

The quality of the parts is improving as we have a better welder and a great cutting machine

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Design review

Here is my prototype solution for a universal adapter for 4 and 6 cyl engines.

The solution lies in the mounting holes being a little oversized, also because the pipe is constrained to be 2 3/8" (to fit the engine stand) and the triangular hole pattern is just less than that, I biased the hole pattern and notched the tube so that the top bolt can live inside the tube and you can get a wrench and tighten down the nut through the slot.

There should be minimum interference from the mounting plate with the block, and you can still get access to all mounting bolts with an open wrench or a socket.

The square hole will be sized so you can open a bottle of beer with it when not in use or to reward your successful rebuild.

Can some of the V6 guru's verify this should work? and if so, I'll make prettier ones and post them back here for sale.

Any other insights are welcome too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Pipe is 2 and 3/8" od.. Fits harbor freight and most Chinese stands I've seen

The engine stand with the slot is super beefy. getting one to buckle would take a serious effort.

Center of rotation is altered by 2 inches and at least for a 4 cyl the difference in rotating it is nil.. any adapter that would have the pipe clearing the cyl head of a 6 would have the same Center of rotation constraint.

Glad to have started some conversation!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.