Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for one of the adapters that I have seen in a number of photos for mounting a 4 cyl Alfa block to a Harbor Freight engine stand.

Sometime back, I read post thread about an individual who used to make and sell these items for $35. However, attempts to make contact via emails have proven unsuccessful.

Therefore, if someone has an extra one of these handy-dandy items, that is no longer needed, I would like to take it off of your hands. Please send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Ray,I wouldn't mind having one too,but if none show up,this could help.I think this is the one that was being sold on the BB.There are other designs.Make it or have one made.Phil D

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,632 Posts
Simple guy test...

Would you rather buy something ready-made, or use the need for the item as a defensible reason for buying a MIG welder, drill press, and chop saw that you are certain will be needed for more jobs in the future?

·
Push hard and live
9,632 Posts
BTW, if you're curious, you can find a pictorial how-to in the Montreal section showing how I made a two-sided stand for the Montreal engine. Although I have a single-sided set-up for 4 cylinder engines, I like the two sided much more for its stability, ease of rolling, and lighter pivot force. Total cost just over $100.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
I got a piece of 4-in steel square tubing and drilled holes corresponding to the motor mount studs on one side and attached it directly to the HF stand mount. Simple and cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich,

Doesn't it seem that true genius is always the most straight forward!

Thanks,

Ciao

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed that and wondered if a later picture might reveal that modification. This is very relevant for me as I need to assemble the head and block on my 1600 Giulia Spider engine.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, that's much better!

Ray

·
Premium Member
21,706 Posts
Luigi Oldani here in Oakland has made them; not sure if he has any for sale now. I had Norman Racing make up a couple.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Andrew,

Would it be possible for you to contact fratello Luigi and determine if he has an extra one hanging around he might be willing to sell?

If there are none available, thanks for checking, just the same.

Ciao,

Ray

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I got a piece of 4-in steel square tubing and drilled holes corresponding to the motor mount studs on one side and attached it directly to the HF stand mount. Simple and cheap.

I'll do that for the next time i have the engine out - I drilled the holes straight into the mounting plate, and the batwing sump didn't clear the upright - no biggy, just meant i could only rotate it one way and then back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts