Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
I took an old motor mount and welded it to a 2in? Length of pipe. Works great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
deja vu

Hi BerlinaMiami,

I hate to break it to you but these adapters are no longer available. The short story is there is not enough demand for these adapters, therefore no supply.
I was in the same situation as you about 18 months ago, and after wasting so much time trying to find one i ended up making an engine stand myself. The cost for the metal was about AU$100 and access to a welder and cut off saw does the job.

If you have access to a welder and cut off saw/angle grinder send me a P.M and I can send you some pics of mine and give you an idea on how to put it together etc.....

Cheers,

·
Registered
407 Posts
From this BB I got the idea to just use a 5"x5" cut 5". It cost me about $10 cut. Drilled holes and works great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,471 Posts
You would have a hard time righting the motor after you put the pan on.

·
Premium Member
6,471 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of the pan hitting the stand to keep it from turning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
engine stand

So let me get this straight, the hole engine assembled with a head on an old school v-8 engine stand, with modified plate holding on to the engine on only one side at only that motor mount point?.....any other photos would be great:|

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
So let me get this straight, the hole engine assembled with a head on an old school v-8 engine stand, with modified plate holding on to the engine on only one side at only that motor mount point?.
Yup. Works just fine. I wouldn't test run the engine in that configuration, but you aren't going to pull the three 8mm studs out of the block.

·
Premium Member
6,471 Posts
If I am going to leave the entire engine on the stand for any length of time I'll put a support on the other side just because. Although it will hang from one side it just seems prudent to be supported on two sides.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Eremenis Alfa Engine Stand

Don Eremenis had been selling Alfa engine stands for years on a custom order basis. You also could get the V6 adaptors in addition to the standard 4 adaptor plates. His son in Portland, Oregon, was the fabricator and it was from there they were shipped. Nice engine stands at a reasonable price. You might want to give him a call via the Eremenis website and see if he is still doing them......

Alfoonery

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I run a CNC metal cutting table and a welding shop. I've made these from time to time when people need them..
Price has been $70 plus $15 flat rate domestic shipping USPS (can fit more than 4 stands in the same flat rate box)
Contact: [email protected] with your shipping info and payment method if you'd like us to make you one. can take credit cards over the phone, paypal or checks via snail mail.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts