Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I've been selling my home made engine stand adapters under a "checking interest" thread which has gotten long in the tooth so I am consolidating here.

I designed this adapter for my own use with a "standard" aka Harbor Freight engine stand. It consists of a .15in thick 2.375in OD pipe and a CNC cut .25in plate bracket and gusset. For strength the pipe passes through the plate and can be welded on both sides. The pipe is long enough that a fully dressed two liter can be rotated 360. Because everyone's stand is different, no holes for detents are drilled. Part is supplied with mill scale removed with a phosphoric acid conversion coating but no paint or permanent coatings. I powder coated one for my own personal use (photos below) but supply them as shown in the other photos.

All parts cut and TIG welded right here in Guilford, Conn.

I sell the 3-piece kit for $50 and the welded version for $95. These prices were lower and may be in the future but steel is very high right now. I will ship anywhere at your cost, shipping in the USA ranges from $10-16 depending on your distance from Connecticut.

Discounts are available if you are also interested in the Top Dead Center Finder or Valve Seal Installer I also offer.

If you are interested please PM me your name and mailing address as well as an email address to which I can send an invoice via PayPal.

Thanks to all who have purchased in the past! Your support means a lot and makes me think of other ways to serve the community and my own car at the same time.

Gas Composite material Nickel Auto part Metal
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design
Grille Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Sleeve Wrist Thigh Human leg Rectangle

Push hard and live
I had a cast iron 2000 peel off of a one-sided design a while back. Not this one, as the bolt pattern is different. They are a much heavier engine, and I've never had a problem with aluminum engines on this stand. If you're nervous, I posted a two-sided version several years ago in the Montreal forum. Much more confident in that design

Banned
I had a cast iron 2000 peel off of a one-sided design a while back. Not this one, as the bolt pattern is different. They are a much heavier engine, and I've never had a problem with aluminum engines on this stand. If you're nervous, I posted a two-sided version several years ago in the Montreal forum. Much more confident in that design
Can you provide a Link?

Push hard and live

Push hard and live
BTW, r-mm's adapters with long tube work with the two-sided stand I built.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all - just sold thru my current welded stock and will be welding some more this weekend. Have parts to make about six more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Factory Seconds Sale:

I managed to get the tube a few degrees off perpendicular on this one. No reason it is not as strong as the others but I will sell it for $60 shipped.

The 鈥榥ormal鈥 ones which I presently have four of in stock are $95 plus shipping which usually ranges between $12 and $17 depending on how far you are from Connecticut.

Wood Machine tool Gas Machine Technology

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Cylinder

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all - sold thru a few recently and have three "normale" adapters left in stock as well as the "abnormale" shown in the post above.

Get your beloved what they really want this Black Friday...

be well all
Rus

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all - bumping my thread as I sold thru my last batch and just received plasma cut parts for the next one. I've got enough pipe on hand to weld three more which will be ready to ship next week. After that I'll be waiting on additional pipe to complete the rest of this batch of twelve.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Simon are you asking if there is a hole drilled into the non-motor end thru which you place a breaker bar used to rotate the stand adapter (and therefore, motor?) If so the answer is that hole and any for detents are to be drilled by the user as their location and the diameter of the detent pin / breaker bar will vary. I've used my stand adapter twice in the last year and in practice found that the motor is more easily rotated by bear hugging it and spinning it and did not bother with this breaker bar hole.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all - more steel arrives this week so I'll have additional stands ready to ship week of March 28

1 - 20 of 30 Posts