Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my 2L for my 69 GTV. Thanks for the help JD and JH!

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Absolutely beautiful!!! Details? Build pictures?

J

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,596 Posts
nice, are you going to remove the orange from the raised Alfa Romeo lettering and let the aluminum shine through? Also watch out for that alternator bracket, depending on the length of the belt you get it might hit the blades in the position it's in now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Great minds think alike.. here is my freshened 1750 Spica

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It is pretty much stock with euro cams and 10.5 to 1 Arias pistons. The cam cover is staying all red crinkle powder But Raman yours looks cool.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Raman,
IT looks like you've sanded or polished out the sand casting mark from the top of the cylinder head. It's really nice - something I've been thinking about for quite a while. Could you give us some details on how you did this??

Thanks

Robert

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks. It is pretty much stock with euro cams and 10.5 to 1 Arias pistons. The cam cover is staying all red crinkle powder But Raman yours looks cool.
Greg,

I wanted mine the matt finish like yours.. unfortunately the place I took it to did not have that option with high crinkle finish. The gloss will most likely diminish once the engine has been run.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Raman,
IT looks like you've sanded or polished out the sand casting mark from the top of the cylinder head. It's really nice - something I've been thinking about for quite a while. Could you give us some details on how you did this??

Thanks

Robert
Robert,

I can't take credit for the head. I sent the head to a machine shop and he sand blasted it to clean it up and then proceeded with machining the head.. and my mechanic repainted it. So I don't even know what the sand casting mark looks like LOL.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Couldn't some careful Dremel work easily accomplish this look?

But more importantly, lets hear some specs and details of the build Gregg!

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Couldn't some careful Dremel work easily accomplish this look?...
Well, that's what I've been thinking about for a couple of years. It seems to be a bit more than "some work". More like "a wopping lot of work" - that's why I was wondering of there was a trick that I could use....

Thanks

Robert

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,596 Posts
I would at least take the crinkle off the cam cover bolt holes. Don't think a crinkle finish would provide a good sealing surface for the cam cover bolt gaskets.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Also does not provide electrical continuity for the aluminum washers - there to prevent a static discharge explosion.

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts