Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Engine oil pressure warning light has been dead all the time that I have owned the car. I have thought that the problem is just a broken bulb.
Now I finally found "the inspiration" to pull off the meter cluster (honestly, I'm pulling of the cluster mainly because speedometer sort of got crazy and shows 260km/h immediately when I switch on power - no worries, I will be soon here with separate thread asking also that if I don't figure out problem myself 馃榿).

Well, I checked the bulb and it works, so next I went on engine bay to check the light switch. Except there was no switch.

If I understand the workshop manual correctly, in the place of this switch there is an oil pipe. I could not find this oil pipe from any photos or manuals I have. It looks like that in the place of oil lines there is typically just plugs. An example below (well, not quite typical application of busso V6 :) )

The engine of my car is originally from GTV6.

Questions:
1. Is this pipe some GTV6 specific thing? Particular year model etc?
2. Does GTV6 had this warning light switch or not?
3. Is it possible to remove the pipe?
4. If answer is "yes" to previous question, is it possible to fit this switch on GTV6 engine, or is the thread of this pipe different?

Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
My GTV6 does not have a low oil pressure light. So it also doesn't have a sender in the engine.

I have a spare Milano V6 in my garage but it looks like it has an aftermarket oil delivery system on it.

Maybe you could add a T and add the light sending unit? Unfortunately it doesn't look fun getting back there.

Reactions: petterinyh

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My GTV6 does not have a low oil pressure light. So it also doesn't have a sender in the engine.

I have a spare Milano V6 in my garage but it looks like it has an aftermarket oil delivery system on it.

Maybe you could add a T and add the light sending unit? Unfortunately it doesn't look fun getting back there.
A big thank for this information! That oil delivery system seems to be a bit different than in my car, but idea seems to be same. Adding a T sounds like a good idea, I'll try that first.
I have to anyway get to work in that area in near future, since I need to replace worn camshafts and leaking thermostat pipes soon.

I also found this discussion about oil lines:

Registered
I think my eyes are playing tricks on me. Is that engine behind the drivers seat?
What car is this?馃樀
And that left rear axle rubber boot looks awfully close to the sheet metal opening.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

Premium Member
Well, that's kinda cool. Would have been a fun car ala the MItsu or Subie rally style cars for the public.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts