Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there one and all
I realise that this has probably (and most likely) be trampled before more times than a group of walkers wading through ripe corn fields but...

I have an engine fitted that is not original to my Junior.
There are not many markings on the engine apart from a few symbols on the front of the case however there is

AR00548 * L0483

She is running nicely with Webber’s but I thought if(and when) I need parts it was wise to know the capacity of my unit.
I have seen some posts before that state it’s a 1750..is this correct? Plus not knowing the exact time or original manufacture of this engine (or block) I would be delighted to know (any) info on this unit and perhaps what this engine was originally intended to go into and perhaps the year....

I look forward to hearing absolutely any news...
Best wishes to you all and....stay safe
Robert from Sussex UK

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
I can see in the Fusi (not always reliable) this. Others more experienced in this kind of search might be more helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Malcolm1 and Merv for your speedy responses...Inam pretty useless at reading these sort of things...
I can only assume mine is from a Spider in around 68’
Also...what does the L stand for?
Sorry for (what would appear to some!) “bone” questions..but having bought into the marque..I realise that the Italians do not always follow logic...

·
Registered
189 Posts
CKD = completely knocked down. Meaning the car was assembled from a kit supplied from Italy in an assembly factory such as in South Africa, like my car. G.d is right hand drive (guida a destra).

You must be quite local to me, I'm in Shoreham-by-sea

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Malcolm...Thanks for that info..mine is S.A too...still had the obligatory “tin worm” though..been a slow process but (even with this shut down) I (or should I say “we”..the mechanic and co.) are getting there.
Yes..we are local...Inam in Mayfield..near Heathfield. We should meet up after this “thing”....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts