Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Great thread

Thanks for the thread. I followed it and did my mounts today. They were shot. The drivers side was broken and the passender was sagging bad. Only two hiccups: the Driver's side mount i ordered had the bolt holes in the wrong place. It looked as if the plate was flipped when welded together. I emailed Spruell to ask them to send another. Hopefully it comes early this week.

Second was a cross threaded nut on one of the block studs on the passenger side. I was able to use a coupld washers and then tighten it down enough to grip without twisting off. I will have to check it periodically to make sure it hasnt backed out.

Pics of old vs new mounts below.

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
I emailed Spruell to ask them to send another. Hopefully it comes early this week.
Update: Spruell did send a new base to the mount... turns out the mount bases (plate that bolts to car) are not interchangeable, but are mirror images from drivers to passenger's sides that cannot be rotated to correct. This took a good while to explain (and convince) on the phone, but we eventually worked it out and she sent the correct part. The bases were probably switched when the billet sleeves were installed... my guess.

The car handles great now, shifts better, corners better, no fan rub, reduced vibrations, less pull durring acceleration on a straight away, BIG difference. Highly recommend replacing these... even if it is a bit of a knuckle buster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts