Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle is 1962 Giulia spider normale being converted to 1600 veloce. Using Centerline engine mounts engineered for this conversion and proper 101 veloce transmission mount with .350 spacers each side. My concern is height of front of engine. The hood does fit but with minimum clearance to front of valve cover. I have approximately 3 degrees slope from front of engine to rear with front being higher. Measurement from bottom of front pulley flange to top of frame cross rail directly below is 2 3/4 " . The front to rear slant does not seem right. I have approximately 12 degrees slant to the exhaust side and have plentyof room to mount webers and air cleaners.
I have lengthened the engine mount slots on the body to the point the posts in the rubber portion of engine mount no longer go to bottom of slot.
Are these measurements normal? What can be done to lower front of engine another 1/4 " ? Also, transmission is not centered in opening in floor.
Here are some pictures. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Franklin

P.S. Brake issue I asked help with recently was resolved by using 1" master cylinder instead of .75 master.
Franklin

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts