Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of assembling my 60 giulietta sprint and have discovered one of the cast aluminum engine mounts is fractured. Need a replacement and happy to spring for a pair. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Have some loose ones kicking around. Can you post pics of what you have.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a photo of the one we have. its an aluminum casting with 3 bolts.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks correct to me. do you have a price in mind? Thanks

Vince

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
There are two in the picture, the one on the left is what he may be after.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Allow me to wade in... I think you have scrambled the mounts and also the 750 and 101 mounts. I believe the one in the original picture in Post #4 is the RIGHT side of a 750 not the LEFT where you have it on a 101...could be the reason it is cracked. The one you have is a 750 RIGHT in on the wrong side. I"ll... let you try to sort this our with Fran at Vabene and Kuni but I think I have what you need for both sides.U..

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
The Veloce Mounts (both intake & exhaust) are easy to identify. Intake has the bushing for the carb strut & the exhaust is angled (two types - steel pan type with integral bump stop and alloy pan type with no bump stop; bump stop on chassis). It gets a bit "fuzzy" when it comes to the "Normale" mounts. Attached are photos of Veloce mounts (integrated bump stop on exhaust) and Normale exhaust mount.

Rick, do you believe this exhaust mount is 750 or 101? The parts book lists an early & a late Normale exhaust mount (750 & 101?). A photo of each mount would be useful.

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
John.. we're straying off course a bit but your "bump-stop" mount is different than mine. I was not aware of that. 750? 101? don't know .. I always thought mine was for a steel panned Veloce.. but can't bank on it now. Never encountered your type but then I'm just a pup.

001.JPG
002.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
jkbartusek,

Great pictures! Back in the day it was always about Veloce's (motor swaps with Veloce mounts etc. etc. etc.) and I never spent much time thinking about "normales". Your photos clear things up for me.

Rick,

Although our mounts look different they serve the same purpose; bump stop to the chassis when using the Veloce steel pan. Could one be a reproduction? or later/earlier version (only one part #)?

-John

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
jkbartusek,

Great pictures! Back in the day it was always about Veloce's (motor swaps with Veloce mounts etc. etc. etc.) and I never spent much time thinking about "normales". Your photos clear things up for me.

Rick,

Although our mounts look different they serve the same purpose; bump stop to the chassis when using the Veloce steel pan. Could one be a reproduction? or later/earlier version (only one part #)?

-John
nah, I don't think so on the repop question.. Mine has plenty of hair on it and if repopped there had to be a mold to make yours . there must have been at least two .. I don't think either is a repop

1 - 18 of 18 Posts