Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving happily at 130 mph and having to slow down to 80 mph for an emerging vehicle my car would only then get back up to 100mph it felt like it was bouncing of the limiter but it was only running at just over 4000 rpm.

After parking up it was fine until hitting 120mph and pretty much the same scenario happened again in the afternoon.

Any ideas what I should check would be greatly appreciated?

Rob

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
I think you need to be driving slower!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
In the UK it is not unusual to drive significantly faster than the official speed limit. The motorways are technically superior to the Interstates and freeways we are used to. To start with they have full length center dividers to almost eliminate the risk of head ons. They also have wedge shaped entrance and exit ramps which provide a lot of leeway in the event somebody pulls a bonehead move in those critical areas. It is also exceptional to see a UK driver change lanes more than one lane at a time, and so on. I feel much safer at 100 mph on the M6 than I would on any road in North America with similar specs.

I would be concerned about fuel contamination, especially water after the winter you've had. This often comes from temperature cycling of the fuel tank rather than external contamination. The other would be a failing ignition coil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts