Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear members,

Going through my files I saw this small database that I wanted to share with you.
Only for those into the details of bore & stroke, cilinderheads, fuel- and oilsystems.
I was trying to find out, how many capacity options there were for the "Nord" engine and what the performance figures would be back in the day.
The CRH, were the figures mostly came from, is the Competition Reference Handbook written and compiled by Don Black.

Combining bore & stroke and not forgetting all the "Marino" variants, it turns out to be a lot more than the basic four we all think of. I have included a pdf with the data & numbers.

Ciao! Olaf

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Olaf,
Yes there were a lot of variations offered by AutoDelta in particular, plus a lot more if you counted all the relatively unknown engine builders around the world.
I have also rebuilt a 86 x 86 (1998cc) with narrow angle 8v, and 85 x 82 (1860cc) wide GTA headed engines. Also a 86 x 82 (1905cc) 16v Autodelta. All being constructed for or from ex-Mildren Team parts I believe.
I also have a 84.5 x 88.5 (1985cc) Autodelta 16v and 86 x 82 (1905cc) GTA.
There is also locally a 1000cc Formula Junior engine built by Alf Francis (mechanic, Stirling Moss) back in period. This one I do not know the dimensions of yet, but will advise when it comes in.
regards, Vince,

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello Vince,

Great info! Sounds interesting. Do you have pictures of your rebuilds? Or the engines installed?
I will add the development engine data and your info (in terms of experience building these or other size engines). Source will mainly be the 1st edition of "Alleggerita" at first. It contains a list of development engines, divided by year.
I'll check the other relevant books on engine data concerning capacity as well.
And mabe we will also learn something about the other tuners and their engines, back in the day.

It was a pleasure watching my ordinairy 1290cc being rebuild by the shop of an Alfista back in 2007/2008. Especially as a damaged 1750 GTAm engine was in, at the same time. The block had to be welded and completely rebuild with new monosleeve.

The pictures have been posted here a long time ago. Care for some interesting photographs?

Ciao! Olaf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts