·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a really good engine
builder in the LA area? I want to do a
mild performance rebuild on my 1750.
I would rather the shop specialize in Alfa.

Im thinking of taking the head to Sperry Valve
in Long Beach, any one use them?

Also any HC pistons available for the 1750?
I have used Borgo 10.4's on a 2L once and
they were great!! But have not seen any
HC's for the 1750.

Anyone use Deves or Hasting rings? Any benfit
over the rings supplied by Borgo?

Thanks for the help.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Keven,

I'd recommend going to

Santo's Italian Car Service
Santo Rimicci
8816 Amigo Ave.
Northridge, CA 91326
Tel: 818-701-1614

In my opinion they are the best around and I’m sure they can answer any questions you have regarding your rebuild. I'm sure many other members of the board will agree as well. They are not exactly in Palos Verde but well worth the 45 min drive for a 1st class rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let your engine builder choose rings, etc. according to your wants. Go for good mid range combined with a strong bottom-end for rpm capability. You will love the change.

Ship the thing to Jim Steck for the best. Why not?

But definitely have Santo take care of the car. No question, there.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
This thread is over 9 years old:eek:

Let your engine builder choose rings, etc. according to your wants. Go for good mid range combined with a strong bottom-end for rpm capability. You will love the change.

Ship the thing to Jim Steck for the best. Why not?

But definitely have Santo take care of the car. No question, there.

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
EMS near LAX is the go-to place for Alfa engine machine work here in southern California. I believe they assemble engines as well as do machining. Contact:

Engine Machine Service
Street: 8416 Osage Ave
Los Angeles, ca 90045-4402
Phone: (310) 641-7019.

Not to take anything away from Santos, but EMS is closer to PV, and is purely an engine shop - not general maintenance like Santos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own GTV 1750 w/ SPICA and am trying to prepare for engine rebuild. While doing so, I want more power, but very streetable. I understand that the power comes from the head and that bigger valves and hotter cams are most of it. How much power can you get without sacrificing a lot of streetablilty? Also, does it really take two months to build an engine?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Those paying attention to the BB for the last 10 years will know that Keven (the OP) long ago put an engine out of a Honda S2000 in his GTV. I don't think he is looking for anyone to rebuild his 1750 these days!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts