Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a stupid question but I couldn't find this info with a few quick searches so I wanted to make a post so others don't need to ask.

Does anyone know if the Milano 3.0 engine has a block drain for the coolant. I am trying to remove the heads but don't want coolant all over the place. I removed the fan switch from the radiator so that is empty but since the water pump is so high on the engine I know the block must have a bunch of water in it. I want to flush the system when I put it back together and start using that new antifreeze.

Thanks

Dean

·
Premium Member
27,370 Posts
Yes, there are two 22mm (7/8") drain plugs one near dip stick and near oil filter.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yes, good idea to drain block by removing plugs (pointed to be Steve). Otherwise you will get coolant in cylinders when you pull heads.
Jes

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Perfect! Good news is now I will always know where the drains are. Bad news is we have a bent valve!!! I will start searching for a spring compressor that will work with the heads!

Thanks again

Dean

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just referenced this again! Thanks... My GTV6 Should have new heads on by nightfall...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts