Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I`m assisting a friend of mine re-build his "59 Alfa Spider 750D Normale. His is a "Non Vent Window, SWB, Single Solex Carb" set-up, 1300cc Engine.

We're in-need of seeing some detailed pics (Restored or Un-Restored) of the "Feul Pump & Filter" set up specifically at this time but "ALL" pics would be great!!

I`m sure you people would like to show off your Engine Bay Pics; So, Any and all pics would be greatly appeciated.

Thanx in Advance,

Russ

PS:"If you can"; We`d also like to see some pics of "Folded or Un-Folded" / "Mounted or Un-Mounted" top frame bow for this car. He has 3 of them & none are correct!!!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hi Russ,

There´s a thread here in this section that up to now gathered maybe 4-5 pages solely dedicated to our car`s pictures of engine bays. Try to search it.

Should actually be "sticky".

Dennis

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Russ,

The thread is not "sticky" yet, I sent request to Andrew, one of the moderators, and asked him if it would be possible to make some threads like this one sticky in order to enable fast and easy access for all of the new members (but even old ones) to benefit from the gathered info here.

As it is now, you will have to search for the thread via the search function here above, but I can say right away it never worked for me, instead I use to see everything possible except that I´m searching for.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I must admit that I find the search facility frustrating at best and useless at worst.

I've attached a photo from my personal archive that shows the positions of the major components under the bonnet of a 750D and also a photo of the soft top frame on an early (750) Spider. Hope they help.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Russ,

Tried to search the thread for you as I know it´s title was either "engine bay pictures", "engine compartment pics" or with 750-101 in front of the search comandos, but nada! It is as it disappeared from the face of the Earth.....
I also think the guy´s name who initiated that thread might have been Larry Mckeough, but am unsure as trying to search via all his posts didn´t give anything either, chans is I missed it though.....

Dennnis

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Yep internal search feature is useless. Use google instead. If you type site: (then enter the forum section here) and then the search words after, you will find what you need much easier. Works well in google images too.

Here is an example:

site:www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulietta-giulia-1954-65 engine bay photos

gives some easy to search results and I think this is the one you are looking for?

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulietta-giulia-1954-65/177735-photos-engine-compartments-only-2.html

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Derek, yep you nailed it, that´s the one, except it should have been this easy to find on our own site instead of another one that doesn´t have anything with us to do, ridiculous....

Dennis

·
Registered
435 Posts
Russ,

Tried to search the thread for you as I know it´s title was either "engine bay pictures", "engine compartment pics" or with 750-101 in front of the search comandos, but nada! It is as it disappeared from the face of the Earth.....
I also think the guy´s name who initiated that thread might have been Larry Mckeough, but am unsure as trying to search via all his posts didn´t give anything either, chans is I missed it though.....

Dennnis[/QUO
Guys try this thread to see if it helps,

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulietta-giulia-1954-65/177735-photos-engine-compartments-only.html

Mike v

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi There Folks,

"THANK YOU" for the links, pics etc. Very Helpful.

"CHRIS": Your 2 pics are exceptional; Especially the "Top Bow" pic!!

I really hate to be a pain but 1 more request if I may. "CHRIS"; Would you be able to post a close-up pic of the "FEUL PUMP" coupled to the "FEUL FILTER". My friends 750D Normale does not have the mtg. bracket for the "Feul Filter" as it appears yours does not as well.

We / He really need to see what that set-up looks like!!

Thanx Again to All for your help.

Regards, Russ

PS: Your all correct in trying to find a "Past Post" here!! I have to guess "Andrew (Moderator)" is reading this & perhaps will try to remedy the situation?!?!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hi Russ,

The car pictured isn't mine as mine is still being restored, but like you, I'm collecting photos of restored cars to help me when I begin my reassembly (my car was virtually completely dissembled when I bought it).

The two attached pictures give more detail of the fuel pump mounted on the front of the head and driven by the exhaust camshaft and the fuel filter mounted on the RHS of the engine bay.

I intend wiring in an electric fuel pump when I install the engine.

Hope these photos help,
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
1957 Spider Engine bay all unrestored

Here are some pics that might help, this car is all original as far as I know. It has only 67,000 miles and has never been painted or altered. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I must admit that I find the search facility frustrating at best and useless at worst.

I've attached a photo from my personal archive that shows the positions of the major components under the bonnet of a 750D and also a photo of the soft top frame on an early (750) Spider. Hope they help.

Chris
Chris, that is not a 750 frame. That is a photo I shot in my garage of my 1960 101 series 1300 Giulietta.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts