Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the motor is out, I'm thinking of repainting it, however, where can I get replacement 1992 164 decals for all of the emission information and whatnot?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
I sent all that data to guy who makes and sells decals on eBay but he has not yet indicated to me he has them reproduced. He sells decals he says are for 164 but set incomplete and not correct for 164. Each year is a bit different as B/L models engine data decals are different than S models as are 24v models. B/L engine decals in yellow and S in orange.

I think this is their web site. I just emailed him again asking if he ever got set made from my samples I sent him.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
I sent all that data to guy who makes and sells decals on eBay but he has not yet indicated to me he has them reproduced. He sells decals he says are for 164 but set incomplete and not correct for 164. Each year is a bit different as B/L models engine data decals are different than S models as are 24v models. B/L engine decals in yellow and S in orange.

I think this is their web site. I just emailed him again asking if he ever got set made from my samples I sent him.
If someone has stellar examples, I could get some made. I have been wanting to get all the factory stickers as well. Mine are worn or non-existant since I bought mine in FL , I have no smog stickers.

I do have a hood sticker for oil type and so forth for a 12V and 24V. Trying to find more, especially the M.Y 91,92,93 stickers.

CIao!
Jason

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I am a graphic designer by trade, so I can recreate the artwork if anybody wants to have some of these made, I can create an Illustrator file that can be sent to a sticker maker if anybody has a lead on a vendor that can produce these. I used to design the decals for Litespeed/Merlin/Tomac/Quintana Roo bicycles, but I'm no longer in that gig. I have just never worried about the stickers under my hood, but I am certainly not surprised that there are many that would like to freshen these up. ;) If anybody has some not stuck to their car, they can send them to me and I will recreate them and send you an ai file. Alfa won't come after me, will they? ;)
Charles

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
I am a graphic designer by trade, so I can recreate the artwork if anybody wants to have some of these made, I can create an Illustrator file that can be sent to a sticker maker if anybody has a lead on a vendor that can produce these. I used to design the decals for Litespeed/Merlin/Tomac/Quintana Roo bicycles, but I'm no longer in that gig. I have just never worried about the stickers under my hood, but I am certainly not surprised that there are many that would like to freshen these up. ;) If anybody has some not stuck to their car, they can send them to me and I will recreate them and send you an ai file. Alfa won't come after me, will they? ;)
Charles
I have one. I will try to find a good smog sticker and others as well. We could all collaborate to get them all done. I would be in for a few for sure.
If you can do it?
J

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
We will have to get this ball roll'n if you all are serious about having some made. They will be a piece of cake to replicate. We will need to make a list of the needed decals, where they go and which ones are different on the various year 164s. I think my car is missing a few, now that I have looked under my hood to look at them. If you have a decal, send me a pm and I will give you my address to send it to me, so I can recreate the art.
Charles

·
Premium Member
15,526 Posts
Great, need some for the LS.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
OK, anything new with this? It looks like I am well on my way to getting my 164LS near concourse (eventually!).

There is one big sticker I am missing.
It’s the long narrow one that goes on the radiator "support" on top front of the engine bay (see below). If someone has a good digital pic of theirs, and the dimensions, we perhaps can get it reproduced.
Thanks
Sam

PS: This is not my car, just a pic I found.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Yes, I had bought a set from them a few months ago, but the set did not include that particular decal. :(

I had tried to work with Santo and he asked me to send samples, etc. which I did in color for 91-93 B/L/S models and even some info from Myron's 95LS and with info from shop manual for 94LS but he stopped answering my emails.

Chazzy let's get together via email and see what we can do to make this project happen. Please send me a PM or email.

Not sure these 94-95LS decals same for 94Q as the 91-93B/L decal different from 91-93S. I have new decal in orange for 92S and B/L decals in Yellow with different engine code info. My 93L has yellow decal in pretty code shape but all my 91s missing yellow decal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I had tried to work with Santo and he asked me to send samples, etc. which I did in color for 91-93 B/L/S models and even some info from Myron's 95LS and with info from shop manual for 94 but he stopped answering my emails.

Chazzy let's get together via email and see what we can do to make this project happen. Please send me a PM or email.
That would be great. I think we need someone who has the sticker in tact on their LS and can get us a good clear close up.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
That would be great. I think we need someone who has the sticker in tact on their LS and can get us a good clear close up.
Next time I get a chance to check on Myron's 95LS I will try to remember to see if his decal still intact and take a picture of it.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I have high res photo

of it i took late last night === everyone who wants it send to me your email addy via PM and I will send yout the file-- about 5 meg

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Some advice I got on how to do this:

vector it in illustrator would be the best ... you need to take picts from above to start - head on .. then you rebuild the whole sticker in illustrator .. for someone that is good at it, it is doable ... then ya need to color correct while looking at the actual sticker

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Yes, most screen printers like Illustrator files for decals. I normally use Freehand though and then convert to Illustrator before sending to the printer, I just prefer it over Illustrator, old habits die hard. Apparently all these Catalyst decals have a different barcode on them? Omit that, just use one? Should I fix typos? :) Someone shoot a good pic of a '94 catalyst decal, please.
Charles

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Yes, most screen printers like Illustrator files for decals. I normally use Freehand though and then convert to Illustrator before sending to the printer, I just prefer it over Illustrator, old habits die hard. Apparently all these Catalyst decals have a different barcode on them? Omit that, just use one? Should I fix typos? :) Someone shoot a good pic of a '94 catalyst decal, please.
Charles

Just have a 95. I'd just leave any barcode on it...who will know? :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Interesting photo

Good thing it wasn;t copyrighted! The car that sticker is attached to looks like a real POS!

EVERY SINGLE one I have ever seen (and I have three cars myself, the one that Sam posted, two others I have asked about) ALL have the right side crumpled up like that. Is concourse quality with the crumple or without?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts