Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some spare time this morning at the shop...so my co worker and I set the engine in the car today. I am getting closer to that moment we all anticipate with some fear....the turning of the key for the first time! Wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,568 Posts
Case of beer says she bangs off on first try!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alfa Slowly Awakened from Long 7 year Sleep

I crank the engine yesterday for the first time, and it tried to run from the very start! After a few tries, it was running...but not 100%. I have some injectors to sort out, but oil pressure is good, and no vibrations or knocking noises!
As a note to all of you. I got a 1987 Milano engine with this 83 GTV6. The owner had blown the original motor. It WAS NOT a direct swap. I found some differences so far.

1. The crankshaft on the back of the Milano engine was recessed closer to the block, and required me to have a spacer made to move my flywheel away from the engine.
2. The starter motor brace at the motor mount, had to be slightly modified to fit in its factory position.

Balance doesn't seem to be an issue using my flywheel and the original front crank pulley on this Milano engine.
At this point, it doesn't seem to want to idle at all with the timing set at the "F" mark at 1000 rpm, but will idle with the timing set at the "M" mark...go figure. I know every timing mark was set correctly...and it might just be because of poor injector performance, I can't set it to the "F" mark.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,568 Posts
Give the man a beer! good job, always a relief to see that oil pressure guage come up and no strange noises.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Nice Original Steering Wheel

Another nice addition is a stock steering wheel my youngest brother bought for me, to replace the worn aftermarket wheel. I thought it really made the interior look as it should.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts