Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[email protected]I have a Alfa Remeo engine and transmition for sale. ARO1700 is stamped into block. Straight 4 cylinder fuel injected. It looks to me that this was a very popular engine that they used in a variety of models. I'm fairly sure it was in a 1972 Alfa Spider. I sold the car for a friend and engine was left over from previous project of husband that passed along a few years back. It was stored in shop and looks to be in working order. Make me a reasonable offer so I can get it out of my shop. I'm in a small town just out of Portland OR. E-mail me and I'll send you photos. Can't figure out just how to do that on this site.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Alfa made more than one type of engine ??????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
engine correction

It is ARO1500, I believe it is out of a 1972 ish model Spider.
Correction it is not a six cylinder it is a straight 4 fuel injected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1972 engine and transmition

I believe it is out of a 1972 ish model Spider.
Correction it is not a six cylinder it is a straight 4 fuel injected.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was wondering what steps to take into converting that fuel injection engine to a side draft carbs set up?
Also any idea the cost to ship to; 37067- TN?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
There are basically two ways to covert: a euro intake manifold will bolt right up. Or you can purchase a SPICA conversion kit. Performance is equal. The Euro set up will require a euro accelerator linkage or modify a SPICA version. No internal changes required to the motor but euro cams would be an improvement.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Rich D;
I could just remove my european carbs set up from the 1300 engine and install in the injection engine, that's good. Maybe i just have to get the injection block plate to cover the hole? other than that should be easy to do.
Hell i will just replace the rear end as well from the Spyder its an 82 model.
The problem is what to do with the rest of the car? its local and in good shape, i will go see in person this weekend.:001_cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts