Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to stop kidding myself. My Sprint GT was never going to make it back on the road unless I won lotto.:( I bought it in pieces a few years back, the PO took it off the road 25years ago after a bingle on the front end. It is basically a stripped shell with rusty sills and in need of a front cut. It has a gaping big hole where a terrible sunroof once was as well. The interior is also a mismash of GT and Veloce parts.

So a fello alfanut saw it recently and felt sorry for the amount of work/moneypit/marriagestress ahead of me and has given me the option of buying his 67 Veloce project which has been stripped, rustrepaired and leadswiped, with engine bay, floors and underside already painted. IT is a nice straight car. He will supply all the Veloce specific bits and all my mechanicals can be transferred along with glass, trim etc that I already have.

It is a very hard thing giving up on an Alfa but some are just too big a basketcases for even a diehard to take on.

At least I may be able to drive my own 105 coupe before I retire in 35 years!

I will of course save what I can for others, and sell a few of the bits to cover money lost.

I'm glad I have my Giulia Super to give me some driving pleasure even if it is a bit of a basketcase itself:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.
I've been thinking reciently, does a Alfa ever get bought by some one who just needs a car. When I was looking for my 105, all the people I visited where Alfa entheusiasts. One guy was selling his son's '75 Sprint GT, and it seemed like everyone in the family rocked up to his house in a Alfa Romeo.
So at least its going to a good home. :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, am getting the 67. Nice straight car. Wil tel u more when i am bac from hols as it is cumbersome surfing the bb on my phone!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
parts

It has begun. I listed the taillights. The grille will probably go up next week and a few other bits.

I'll post some picks of the 67 shell soon too. I can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the front grill on ebay today.

Cant wait to get the shell out of my garage so I can organise it in anticipation for the GT Veloce. Interesting chassis number that doesnt show up on the Fusi list either... 299772
Well see what the archives have to say.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ricardino, sorry dont have a spare.

I am also considering selling my 40DCOE4 Webers since these are specific to the GT and GTC. I know they will be fine with the 1600 Veloce engine but I do have a thing for matching numbers! Will I be able to find a nice set of DCOE27s easily?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If I had a set I'd sell them to you...sorry.

Luckily, I have not had to search for those, but from my experience just about everything comes up on this board, ebay or one of the popular suppliers. If price is not an issue, then you'll find them sooner...just place a "WTB" ad on this post.

For example, when I was looking for a fuel door for my 67 GTV, I placed a "WTB" ad here and about 2 weeks later they started popping up on the European e-bay...Germany mostly. I think a lot of non-members around the world with old parts watch this post so they know what's in demand.

BTW - would you be able to send me a few detailed picture of the speaker grill you have. I found a few items on e-bey that might be the same part but had no reference photos to confirm identity...so I missed them.

Here's my email address if you can: [email protected]

Thanks,
R

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Richard,
I just realised you are talking about the metal frame for under the dash top. I thought you meant the dashtop for some reason. I do have this part that I could cut off the shell for you, It may be difficult sending it though as it is over 1 metre in length and Australia Post will not send anything that length. I can take pictures anyway.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Richard,

I've not forgotten about your request for a photo of my speaker grille - I'm hoping to get a pic to you by the end of the week.

Derek,

It looks like you're grille is going to fetch good money for you. I don't think I'll bid though. I like to see who I'm bidding against. These anonymous bidders give me the creeps (does anyone else know who/what is Bidder 1, 2, 3, 4 etc etc?!?). Thanks for the photos anyway.

Alex.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I thinkthe anonymous bidder thing is a recent change to ebay. I can see who they are but a few are new to ebay which doesnt instill confidence. Hey Alex I think I saw a part on ebay you have been looking for, I will PM you when I find it again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
sad to here the loss of one of the girls, but good for you that you may have a runner a bit sooner.

i am sure you will have heaps of fun, lucky to get a good shell too.

rust is my enemy at the mo

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Derek,

I'm intrigued as to what you found on eBay that I might be interested in ...

I was actually going to make a bid on those grilles but I thought I'd post a quick 'bluff' just in case someone in here was lurking too ;). I think they sold cheaply, but sadly I passed out on the couch at around 2am, just before the auction ended :(:(:(

Let me know if your winning bidder is unreliable ... and then let me know ;)

Alex.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold to an alfa guy I know of down under so will be reliable. He actually bought his GT from England sans grille. I just found the ebay bit I was talking about so I will PM the link to you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts