Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm in a bit of a spot.... my gearbox is going back into my early '66 Duetto and my guy who is working on it just noticed the seal in the bell housing may look a little suspect.It seems soft and pliable, but I think he would feel better replacing it.

I believe C/L says it is a 605.16722 oil seal, but they don't have any.

Can anyone provide a cross part number so I can source locally to get this box in please ?

Any help is certainly appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
If that number from centerline is correct (alfa 60516722)
then googling that alfa number here in Germany
comes up with a Corteco PN 12011291B and searching that gives the seal size as 26x37x7 mm (right hand swirl)
whether that helps...?

there should be sizes on your old seal to confirm.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Here are the cross references I could find. Not sure if you're going to find the Corteco or MAL parts here in the US.

ALFA ROMEO 105411341300

Brand:ALFA ROMEOPart Number(s):105411341300ProductName:Shaft Seal, manual transmission
Cross Interchange Parts
FactoryNumber
MAL辰13187
CORTECO12011291B
ALFA ROMEO60516722

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Hey Bob, I know that I have one or two of these seals in my garage somewhere. I ordered them from Classic Alfa last year but didn't use them. I looked through all my Duetto parts to no avail and had to leave to drive my father to an eye doctors appointment. If the supplier, Motion Industries, is out or their seals don't look good, let me know and I'll keep looking.

Mark

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark,

Thank you for responding...... we are good Motion had one here and it looks fine as far as my guy is telling me.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To all,

I certainly appreciate the assistance in my small emergency. Everyone who responded had help in solving this mystery. Just so you know I also reached out to a large US Alfa parts company who will remain nameless. They were out of stock on this $7.- seal and still would not help with a cross reference number of any information to help an Alfisti out of a sticky wicket. Just food for thought.

Oh and by the way.... I going out today to buy some readers for my tech..... the unmarked seal had a small 26377 on one side of the seal. When I showed him.... he responded yeah I missed that, but what good is that number going to do me ?

Thanks again,

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts