Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m installing the front emblem on my JrZ. All of the vendors offer various emblems but none seem to offer fastening “caps” etc. to hold the emblems down. They offer this type of product for scripts etc. (they are too small for the emblems). Does anyone have a source for the correct hold downs? I’m not going to glue the emblem on.

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Barrel nuts are great and as used on chrome or unpainted pieces on the car like grilles. I wouldn't advise to use them on painted holes in panels. If the mounting posts are plastic, I would thread them and use a low profile nylon nut to finish the job.

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BMW has some nice plastic ones for the 2002's frt hood emblem Pretty sure that they would work on the Alfa

Thanks, Rick
Thanks all for the information. From stphers I got onto the Pelican Parts website (German cars) and ordered an assortment of BMW & Mercedes plastic emblem grommets. They are all pretty inexpensive. I’ll report back when they arrive and I install (hopefully one of them will work).

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
401 Posts
I just used double sided 3M emblem tape. I didnt want to drill holes in my trunk, so I broke off the tabs of the emblem and just stuck it on. For others I just used a dab of black silicone/weatherstrip adhesive on the tabs of the emblem, that way it sticks into the holes and coats them to prevent rust/leaks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts