Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elvezio, offers 3 different seat covers for the spider...I get the 750 covers...but why 2 different 101 covers? I will be at the Padova show in a few weeks and will pick up a set of covers. I requested the 59-61 covers. My seats did not come with the car. They have the adjuster screw on the bottom with a chrome plate. I was told these are Giulia seats... Will the cover matter?

my car 1960 interm spider.

Ciao!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
HUD
For a Spider, it won't matter. If you are happy with the look on the surface, that is the design of the upholstery .. the foam and padding beneath can be adapted to any year of seat frame.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Elvezio, offers 3 different seat covers for the spider...I get the 750 covers...but why 2 different 101 covers? I will be at the Padova show in a few weeks and will pick up a set of covers. I requested the 59-61 covers. My seats did not come with the car. They have the adjuster screw on the bottom with a chrome plate. I was told these are Giulia seats... Will the cover matter?

my car 1960 interm spider.

Ciao!
I'm pretty sure their choices on the 101 seats are based on texture. The last Giulia cars were covered in a smooth vinyl which was carried on into the Duetto....If your seats have that, they indeed came from a Giulia 101 and it's just a matter of correcting the texture for your model car. It is a semi gloss, no pebble grain. Pretty much everything before that has a grain. PS: I would test fit them in the car before I spent the money on them. Stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks GTD,

Hi Uncle,,,, go to my thread:

sprint restoration starts spider continues....
The floors were replaced and new seat brackets welded in..

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Thanks GTD,

Hi Uncle,,,, go to my thread:

sprint restoration starts spider continues....
The floors were replaced and new seat brackets welded in..
even more reason to test the fit. The phone call will go like---5 years from now---Vendor to HUD---- "You didn't tell me the rails were spaced different"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts