Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a bosch points distributor. The coil has 12v to the +terminal (green wire) and the wire connected to the - terminal goes to the distributor (yellow wire).

I would like to fit a magnetti marelli electronic distributor but I am confused about the wiring for the coil.
I am not sure what should be connected to the - side of the new coil as the new distributor plugs in to the module.
Sorry if its a simple question but i have very little electrical knowledge and i didn't want to guess at the risk of causing damage to anything. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a electronic ignition module behind the coil (AC Delco part in the shape of a cresent). The two wires from the distributor connect on the bottom of the ignition module, there should be a plug with two wires that go on to the top of of the ignition module with one wire going to the positive and one going to the negative. The orientation is positive on the right and negative on the left as you face the coil (just like on the pic, you should replace the module and have a spare in the glove box). If you run an electronic tach, there should be a white wire and a condensor on the negative. Good luck Allan BTW do you want to sell the bosch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts