Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:

I have too-fast flashing upon indicating both a left and a right turn. I have cleaned/replaced all bulbs and terminals, so the culprit for this too-fast flashing should be narrowed-down to the flasher unit itself. I have been advised that there are modern electronic units that plug-in and can resolve this issue. Has anyone else here used an electronic flasher unit for a US-spec GTV? If so I would love any part-number advice!
Thanks, as always, for your help

Andy

·
Registered
350 Posts
Andy,

Here's the link... www.pantera-electronics.com/signal%20flasher.htm

There isn't many components on the original flasher unit (two transistors), so if you're handy with a soldering iron, you may wish to replace the transistors. That's what I did and fixed my non-working flasher unit. I had also purchased the Pantera Electronics flasher and it is very quiet when flashing. Good luck.

-Doug

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Andy,
Great seeing you today in Novato. Before chasing down a new relay, check two things:
  • Bulb specs: Are all 4 turn signal bulbs the same? They should all be 1156s rated for 26.9w, 2.1a and 12.8v
  • What does your 3pin relay require? There should be a code on the relay similar to the OEM Bosch: 12v2(4)x21w. The code specifies the expected load from the bulbs. As you know, When a bulb goes out or there a bad ground, the relay typically will flash fast. All your bulbs work, but either a bulb may be out or “spec” or the relay is incorrectly sized the GTV.
Ken

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If your bulbs are all the same 1156s, then this Hella relay should work and is equal to the the Bosch 12v 2(4)x21w

Check your wiring and compare to the photo you took of mine. I have 5 connectors landing on the relay with two connectors on Piggy backing on one pin. I don’t recall seeing the 5th female connector on your car, but did see the two piggy backed connectors. Does your emergency flasher work ok? All for corners blink plus the dash indicator and the hazard switch button light?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have several electronic 4 term relays if your in need. I upgraded to LED and bought several extras.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts